chapter iii

Caution: Things are about to be stupid, illogical even but treat it as fiction, please.

chapter iii. Fhat The Wuck?

Anika's steps were painfully slow, her Chandni squeaking under her feet as she walked to the corner-most room of the hallway. She was still considering running away. This was stupid. Period. That man was going to think she was crazy and will ahev her transferred to some mental institution before Gauri would even realise her sister was in trouble.

She had no skills and was absolutely clueless why Gauri was adamant on getting her to do it.

When asked, Gauri winked at Om. "Om, it's simple really. If Shivaay Bhaiya shouts at Di, she won't cry or anything. She would just blow off as well. I know her enough to know that if things go wrong today, she will never ask me about our marriage plans ever again."

"But Gauri, what if, in a rare case, they become cordial?"

"Di makes friends easily. If they do talk, let them do whatever they want. They can marry each other for all I care." Gauri shrugged making Om roll his eyes.

"Your sister would be an idiot to marry Shivaay."

Gauri frowned at Om. "I am beginning to agree with Di. What exactly do you want in life?"

Om chuckled. Wrapping an arm around her shoulder, he dragged her along with him. "Let me show you around the house."

---

Anika knocked the door, shifting on her feet. What was she going to say to him?

"Hello Mr. Oberoi! Your brother wants me to play matchmaker for you. Help you find yourself a suitable wife. More like, groom you to be a suitable husband."

Anika cringed. This was not going to end well. In fact, it would not even begin well.

When he didn't answer the door, Anika's patience wore thin. She didn't have the entire day with herself.

Lightly pushing the door, she looked around with an eye closed, in case she came across something indecent. She had grown that habit since her encounter with Om and Gauri. Sighing in relief, she saw no one.

Was he not home? Anika sighed. Maybe they could meet some other time. How about never?

Suddenly, she heard voices. Not your day Anika, not your day.

Do it for Gauri.

She walked into the room to find him standing right in front of the huge French windows, his back facing her.

"Nobody is home right now. I am sure you can come. Do you want me to send you a car?"

Anika frowned. Why would he call someone home when no one else was? Was he meeting someone he was not supposed to?

He began laughing and Anika forgot all about her situation. His laughter sounded so good. Infectious, even.

Anika chided herself. What is wrong with you?

"Seriously though, I am missing you a lot. Be here quick, please?"

Anika's confusion only grew. If Shivaay Singh Oberoi was in a secret relationship, she was going to ruin it, in fifteen minutes maximum.