chapter xlix

chapter xlix. Something Else

Shivaay woke up when he heard a phone ringing. He tried moving his hand towards where the sound was but realized he couldn't. He opened his eyes to a very... Different sight. It was most definitely a neck.

It took him a few seconds to realise it was Anika. He moved his head a little away to find her sleeping, facing away from him. One of his hands was under her while she held the other one in a tight grip.

He couldn't help but smile. God knows he'd do anything to wake up to this everyday. He tried to get her to leave the hand but she wouldn't.

“Hey, Anika?” Shivaay whispered. Of course, there was no reaction from her.

Shivaay smiled, staring at her face for a while. She was beautiful. Everything about her was. Never had Shivaay imagined he'd be a goner for someone. Then again, if there was anything he knew about Anika, it was that she could do what no one else would even think of. He raised his face a little, placing a soft kiss against her hairline. He saw her smile a little in her sleep.

His alarm rang again. It was probably six thirty.

“Anika.” He called out again, trying to free his hand. He really didn't want to disturb her sleep but he knew he had an important conference call.

“Hey, Anika. I might need you to leave my hand for a while, sweetheart.” Shivaay mumbled.

There was a shuffling he heard and turned towards the door. Just then, it opened and Saumya peeped in. “Oh, is she still sleeping?”

“You really think Anika would be awake at this hour?”

Saumya smiled sheepishly. “I'll just talk to her later. Sorry if I disturbed?”

Shivaay knew he was probably smiling a little. Imagine? Shivaay Singh Oberoi being teased like that. Oh the things Anika was making him do.

“Actually, no.” Shivaay softly spoke, not wanting Anika to wake up. “I have this meeting and this one's got quite a hold.”

Saumya smiled at him, walking to Anika's side. “Anika Di.” She tried. No response.

“Shruti Di said she's going to kill you for ditching her with Tanya and Rohit.”

Nothing.

“Rohit wants you to meet Nia.”

Maybe it was the constant bugging but Anika's scrunched her nose in disgust, turning to the other side. That meant, she loosened her hold on his hand and turned to the other side, burrowing her face in Shivaay's chest.

Saumya shrugged. “Well, at least something worked.”

Shivaay looked at her in confusion. “How is the idea of meeting Nia so bad?”

“Oh, it's Anika Di. You really don't need actual logic most of the times. Everything happening in her life tends to annoy her.”

“How long do you know her?” Shivaay chuckled. His tshirt wasn't really doing anything. He could feel Anika's lips against his chest. Oh he shouldn't have thought about it.

Thankfully, his alarm rang again and Saumya hurried outside with a quick bye. Shivaay gently lifted her head and freed his other hand as well. He got out of bed, smiling at her sleeping form again.

---

It was only in the afternoon that Shivaay teturned to his room. Janhavi was sitting next to Anika, the two of them deep in conversation.