Chapter Seventeen

With Every Heartbeat | Chapter Seventeen
ARIELLE'S POV:
There he was. Cameron was pushing Selene against a wall and was kissing her. I knew it. I'm so stupid.

"C-Cameron?" I managed to choke out. He turned and looked at me in shock and sadness. Selene staring at me with a smirk. I couldn't believe this. I feel a single tear roll down my face. I couldn't let any more tears come out of my eyes. I'm filled with shock and sadness that I can't. I walk up to Cameron looking at the ground. I look up to meet his brown eyes to my hazel eyes. I hug him tightly knowing this is the last time I make contact with him.

"We're done, Cameron." I say as I back away from him.
Before I walk out I far Selene who has a smirk on her face. I know she planned all of this. I can't believe I called her my friend. I slap her face as hard as I can releasing all my anger and frustration. She looks at me with shock. I walk out and hurry back to my apartment. I unlock the door seeing Kiara, my mom and Travis.

"Are you okay, honey?" My mom asks. I ignore them and run straight to my room. I lock the door isolating myself from everyone else. I burst into tears just thinking about everything. I decide to take a break from everything. I open Twitter and tweet out:

'@ArielleReed: Me and Cam broke up. please no questions. I'm taking a break from everything. I love you guys and I want to tell you, everything gets better.'
I tweet it out and throw my phone across my room in tears. How could I have been so stupid! It happened once to me and now twice. I made a promise and I broke it. I can't believe I said I loved him.

CAMERON'S POV:

I pace back an forth around my room thinking about everything. I can't put the pieces together! None of this makes sense!! I hear someone knocking on my door. I walk over and open it. Selene? She's in my acting class right? Yeah, I think so.
"Uh, Sorry to bother you Cameron but we have a scene together and I think we should practice it." She says
"Um. Sure? Come inside." I lead her inside my bedroom because Nash and Ellie might start asking questions. We walk in and I sit down. Her innocent smile disappears into an evil grin.

"I have some answers you might want. But it comes with a price. Also, I know where they went missing that night." She says crossing her arms. My eyes widen. She's not so innocent is she. I stand up and grab the collar of her shirt and pin her against a wall.

"TELL ME THEM NOW!" I yell at her. I can tell she's fearless. There's no fear in her eyes.

"Woah, Slow down." She says trying to push me back.

"Cameron?" I hear Arielle call out.
Shit.
Selene pulls me in and kisses me. I try my best to pull apart but I can't. I find myself kissing back but I stop.

"C-Cameron?" I hear Arielle's voice crack. Our eyes meet. I see sadness and betrayal in her eyes. I see a single tear stream down her face. She walks towards me and hugs me tightly.

"We're done, Cameron." Arielle says as she lets go. I can't say anything. I'm filled with too much shock and sadness to say anything.
Arielle slaps Selene as hard as she can. I don't stop her because Selene deserves it. She walks out the door and then I realize, I lost her.

*A Few Weeks Later*
(A/N: sorry for a lot of the time skips!!)

ARIELLE'S POV:

It's been a few weeks and all I've been doing is staying my room listen to music and writing songs. Yes, I am songwriter, but I've never had the courage to publicize any of them. It's currently December and Christmas is next week. I barley leave my room. Amanda and Ellie are friends now and always come over to check on me. Have I ever been this heartbroken? Once. But i recovered fast than this. I loved Cameron, he meant the world to me. I've managed to stay strong and not cut, but that might change. I need to get my mind off of things.
I get a phone call and pick it up.

"Hey Ari," Jacob? Mahogany's boyfriend? We haven't talked in awhile. Why does he want to talk to me?

"So my parents do this thing every year where they throw a Christmas ball. I know how clique it sounds but I was hoping you'd come." Wow, that sounds cool. I need to get out of the house and stop staying in my room.

"Sure, When is it?" I say.

"Tomorrow. I'm sorry about the short notice but I just found out today also. Oh and don't forget, this is going to be a black tie event, so I suggest you wear a dress." TOMORROW?! I NEED TO BUY A DRESS!

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow."
We hang up and I instantly make a group chat with Mahogany, Ellie, Amanda and myself.

Arielle - did everyone get invited to Jacobs Christmas ball?
Amanda - Yup
Mahogany - yeah (:
Ellie - yes
Arielle - meet me at the mall, we're going shopping!

I lock my phone and get ready. I put on some high waisted shorts and a crop top that's says 'You can't sit with us' and put on some flip flops. I dab some concealer under my eyes, add some mascara and head out the door.
I get in my car and plug my phone into the aux cord. I decide to hit shuffle. My phone plays 'Go the Distance' by Emma Blackery. God, I love this song. I sing along on my way to the mall.
I arrive to mall. I walk inside and meet up with Amanda, Mahogany and Ellie. I walk inside and see them all grouped together waiting for them. I walk up to them.

"Hey guys!" I say with a smile.

"Woah, someone is in a good mood." Mahogany says with a small smirk.

"Well, I'm just a little jumpy. I
mean I haven't left my room in a while and gone out." We all exchange smiles and walk towards the dress store. As we pass by stores like Lush, Forever 21, and Hot Topic, I notice how Christmas is right around the corner! All these Christmas sales and I haven't even gotten anything for my friends and family. I stop in my tracks with my eyes wide seeing Selene and Cameron, kissing and holding hands. Cameron and I make eye contact just gazing into each others eyes. I feel tears prick in my eyes. All those memories flood my mind. I turn and look and Mahogany who has her arms open. I hug her tightly

"Thank you" I manage to whisper. In the corner of my eyes I see Amanda walking towards him. What is she doing?.

AMANDA'S POV:

As we walk towards the dress shop, Arielle stops walking. I stop and look at her. I can see tears form in her eyes. I look ahead and see Cameron and Selene sucking face and hold hands. I'm so done! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. I exchange a quick glance at Ellie who's helping Arielle and Mahogany. I walk up to him making straight eye contact.

"HOW DARE YOU KISS THIS SLUT?! ANY GUY WOULD BE SO HAPPY TO DATE ARIELLE," I yell at him, causing people to look

"I can't believe you. I thought you were nice and someone who had changed but you haven't since day one. I hope you enjoy this piece of trash who by the way is probably cheating on you with 7 other guys." I say as I turn towards Selene slapping her face as hard as possible.
I walk back to Arielle. She has seemed to calm down and looks better.

ARIELLE'S POV:

"You guys are amazing. You know that right?" I say. We all come in for a group hug. I glare at Cameron seeing no emotion in his eyes. I push back all my emotions and such back and head inside the dress store with everyone.
Everyone scatters around looking at all the dresses. I find one that stands out to me. It's a light cream colour that has a slit to it and flows to the ground. It's stunning. I pick it out and change into it. I look in the mirror to see myself. I look like a princess out of a fairytale. I walk out of the change room to hear all the girls squealing. I look at everyone and I feel as if I've travelled into a fairy tail. Every one looks amazing.

"I think we're ready for tomorrow."
___________________
btw the picture added to this chapter is like her look for Jacobs party and whatnot.
and that's chapter 17 !! thank you for over 600 reads! you guys are seriously the bomb.com.
also thank you to bieberlover456 for commenting to update because honestly I was thinking about stopping this story because I have ideas right now that are 10 times better than this story but knowing someone like wants be to update means a lot. ily guys so much, stay fabulous
xoxo
-Miss_Rainicorn 💕