I grab my rag humming songs that pop in my head as I turn on a little cold water to stop the scolding water before pulling out the knob that turns on the shower. It rushes out spilling down my body. I start to wake up more and more under the gushing water as I began lathering my rag with coconut smelling body wash. I glide it along my body starting with my arms then progressing to other areas under the gushing of water coming out the shower head. I'm trying to avoid getting my hair wet as well so I won't have to worry about it frizzing up. Once done I just stand there under the water a while.

Remembering that my bus driver was strict and impatient I rushed to turn the water off so I'm not wasting time although I'd love to savor my showers. I shimmy into my laid back attire. It didn't take me but a minute or two. I knew Miss.Tamia would drive off if I wasn't at the end of the road. I was the only person at my stop just like I liked it especially since my stop consist of me standing at the end of my driveway. I rushed to my room to grab a jacket because it might be cold. I slide my arms into my favorite light blue plain jacket with white fur inside the interior of the jacket. Alert to my surroundings I sit down on my cuddle buddy aka my bed sliding on my black ankle socks with snoopy design on them. Next I slide on my converses lacing them tightly before stepping out my bedroom heading outside to stand at my stop. Oh yeah! Look at me making moves. I grab my drawstring bag not removing or placing anything inside. Not sure what's in it but don't care.

I pondered making me a quick breakfast but thought better of it seeing the time on the microwave. I'll just eat the horrible thing they pass off as food. Might as well prepare to have a stomach ache. My stomach always starts to act up afterwards no matter what I eat. There should be a sign reading Eat at your own risk. Side effects: extreme bubble guts.

Just my luck it's lightly drizzling as I take a step closer to the bus stop. I spot my father pulling into the road on his way to work. I pull out my mp3 player turning on shuffle to drown out the world. Elle Varner Not tonight blasts in my ear just like I like. Although I know my earphones won't drown out the loud noise of the kids on my bus. For the moment I'm content. I wonder who is riding this year. I'm going to miss all my upperclassman friends. Man but now I'm one of them.

The gray skies aren't helping my mood when it rains I get tired and sleepy. Its really depressing. I'm surprised my mom didn't warn me that it was raining. Oh well.

My bus should be here any minute now. The time seems to fly and the rain has definitely picked up. I'm just about to turn around when I hear a familiar sound of a bus. I turned towards the sound only to see a hauling truck coming down the road. A gust of water landing on me not enough to bother me but to the point that I was tired of waiting.

I back track going inside to sit on the couch watching out for the bus from inside my living room. I was so close to giving up on it and laying back down it was so tempting. Something wouldn't let me. More like someone.

"Ariane better not miss that bus. I'm heading to the library for my shift. I don't get off til after six."

My mom works at the public library how exciting. Please note my sarcasm. I wonder what her real dream is she always drones on and on about doing better than her and living out my dream although they frown apon my real dream. What a oxymoron? I think my whole existence is an oxymoron don't ask me why though I haven't figure out how to explain it so it makes sense. Give me time. Better late than never.

"Maybe schools canceled."

"Don't be silly. I marked it on my calender and the news said nothing about canceling school Ari if the bus doesn't come call your cousin Rico to come get you."

Here we go again. Everyone knows the first week is always the same uneventful routine. I'm not missing anything important. You can't tell my mom nothing. I swear she wants to get rid of me so bad. I'm going to be the first one out of my family whose going to graduate high school and go off to college in my generation. I feel the pressure even more this year than ever.