03 | ℑ𝔫𝔳𝔦𝔱𝔢

Start from the beginning

with a single glance at the clock it was going on at 5:45. Pushing her glasses up on her nose and undoing the messy bun that held her curls from her face to then tease it back to its natural form. She was nearly done with her work, satisfied with what she did tonight.

Liberty closes her books and puts away her materials back into her bag to save the rest of her work for later. She acknowledges the yawn slipping from within her lips as she stretches her body out a bit before hurrying down the stairs to set up the table for dinner.

The sound of chattering voices filled the house, the kids gathering the food and setting it on the table along with plates and cutlery. Everyone sat at their seats holding hands while Liberty spoke a small prayer blessing the food before telling them to go ahead and serve themselves and Penny gladly went first.

"How was school, Lib?" Rosa asks. The warmth from the plate transcends through her hands, feeling goosebumps arise along her arms. If it was one thing she hated more was the feeling of being cold, all day it had been chiller than most, the sunny weather was replaced with clouds and cool winds with a few droplets here and there, unfortunately.

Liberty shrugs, "Pretty good, just like any other normal day. The usual boring mornings, constant annoying students and strict teachers." She rambles monotonously, "The one thing I will definitely miss is the silence. Normally I work well under a quiet atmosphere, this time around you hear every little thing in the classroom and it's kind of irritating. No one can just sit still or stop talking knowing that they're not supposed to." It had officially been two weeks since they attended Eden high and so far, Liberty was satisfied with what she was promised. Although she had to adjust to the new environment and learn the new system, she had gotten accustomed to so many students surrounding her every single second of the day, she didn't mind it, but because she was conditioned to do work alone in her lonesome, it was hard to work well with others.

"How about you?" Liberty inquires and Rosa nods in agreement, "I couldn't agree with you any less."

"I could!" Penelope remarks after stuffing her face with chicken. The twins have always known they were polar opposites but they also realize they have different tastes in friends. They got along with a few students at a time in some way shape or form, but for once they decided to separate themselves every other day during lunch to be able to have time with their friends and with each other, so far everything was working well. "So far everyone I've met has been pretty chill. I've even gotten invited to three parties, complimented multiple times for my outfits and have been recruited for the volleyball team."

"Volleyball?" Cherish quirks.

"volleyball? That's in season?" Rosa perks at the thought of her sister playing such a sport.

"Yeah, I think I might try out."

"I think you should too, I mean you're physically fit for it."

"How'd you get recruited anyways?"

"We were playing during gym class and Coach Mariah thought it'd be a good idea if i'd try out." Penelope was definitely the sporty type out of all them, didn't mind sweating and overworking herself to get in some type of shape.

"Well, are you?" Liberty asked.

"Sure thing." Penny answers.

"But wait, I thought basketball was your favorite?" Rosaline looks over her sister with a confused glare watching her stuff her mouth with food making her cheeks blow out like a chipmunk. "Wouldn't hurt to sign up for both."

"True..."

"Any cute boys?" Liberty eyes them suspiciously.

A shy Rosaline shrugs, "Maybe..."