I

warnings for this story: violence, drugs, alcohol, cursing, & more

zak

"Did you hear about what happened to Dave?" Vincent whispered over to me in the middle of History class. I tapped my pencil on my desk boredly, thinking that he was talking about some stupid drama that occurred over the weekend. It was Monday, after all.

I looked over at Vincent. He has been my friend for the past four years, ever since he moved from France to the United States. I've always loved his accent. Despite him living in this country for a while, he still has the same tang to his voice.

I shook my head at him, deciding that I had nothing better to do. "No, I haven't, what happened?" I questioned, running my hand through my hair with complete boredom. The class made me sleepy. History class is just a teacher lecturing about something that happened 100 years ago.

Vincent's jaw dropped. "Remember the intense party that Zelk hosted Friday night?"

"Yeah, the one we didn't go to."

"Yeah... well, Dave went missing afterwards."

I dropped my pencil onto my desk, causing a few kids to turn and look my way. I swallowed nervously, hoping I didn't cause enough of a distraction to grab the attention of the teacher. Thankfully, he was really into the lecture he was giving at the moment, so he didn't even look in my direction.

After everyone turned back towards the speaker, I finally replied to Vincent. "You're kidding," I murmured in disbelief, not thinking it was something that could happen in such a place as Springfield.

Vincent shook his head. "I wish I was. His parents said he never came home that night, so everyone just assumed he either crashed at Zelk's or went to someone else's house. But then he didn't even come home on Saturday," He explained. "Didn't you notice he didn't post anything on social media? He normally posts all the time."

I nodded, agreeing that Dave usually posts a ton. That's when I realized that I haven't really seen anything on his Snapchat for a long time. "You're right... so he just never came home? Did you ask George or Jack?" I questioned Vincent, wondering where the man could be.

The French student nodded. "His parents filed a police report yesterday, after calling all his friends. They never called you?"

I shook my head. "I'm guessing it's because I wasn't at that party. I heard a lot of stuff went down."

Vincent nodded. He opened his mouth to speak, but then the bell rang, dismissing us from our final class of the day. "Talk about it more tonight?" He offered.

I smiled and fistbumped him. "Sounds good. See ya."

I walked out of History, Dave's disappearance still on my mind. Where could he be? I tried not to think too hard about it. Maybe he just has a bad hangover and doesn't want his parents to see. A hangover for three days? Why hasn't he posted on social media? Maybe he lost his phone, or went to several parties. Dave's never been the type to party. Friday night was the first one in a while.

I rubbed my face with my hands, exiting the school by pushing through the front doors. You're thinking too much. It's not like he was murdered or kidnapped or anything. I sighed, walking to the bright green Jeep parked near the front of the school.

I saw Clay hopping in the driver's seat, so I quickened my pace. In less than a minute I found myself opening the passenger's side door and slipping inside alongside him. "Hey, I just heard about what happened to Dave. How come nobody told me?" I questioned while I buckled myself in.

Clay gave me a look of surprise as he started the vehicle. "How did you not know? We all thought you already heard!" He exclaimed, pulling out of the school parking lot and beginning to drive us home.

I always had Clay drive me home after school, since I hate driving. Yes, I can drive, but I hate the concept of worrying about gas money and parking and stuff. Since Clay and I are next door neighbors, he's the perfect opportunity to get out of driving myself to and from school.

"I don't know. It makes me worried though. Do you think he ran away?" I asked Clay, feeling a bit sad. Dave and I were never really close, but he sat next to me in Trigonometry, and I was used to him ironically telling me dinosaur facts. It made me laugh every day, just sitting down and hearing him randomly inform me about the T-Rex in his deep voice. He did it just to make me laugh. I'm convinced he looked up "interesting dino facts" every morning just to tell me something second period.

Clay shook his head. "No, he's never once mentioned anything about his home life. Nor has he hinted towards taking off. He's always been a positive kid," He pointed out.

The rest of the ride home was pretty quiet, both of us lost in our own thoughts of the situation. I snapped back into reality when I felt Clay pull into his driveway. I gave him a small nod before exiting the Jeep, walking down his driveway and onto the sidewalk, making my way to my house.

I grabbed my keys out of the side pocket of my backpack, stepping up the steps of my front door. I unlocked it, pushing it open and making sure to close it behind me. The house was empty, as usual. My parents worked a lot so I was practically home alone 24/7. I didn't mind much, I've grown quite used to it actually.

I set my keys down on the kitchen counter and opened the cupboard, grabbing a big bag of Doritos. Opening it and setting it down on the counter as well, I snatched a chip and munched on it. I was scrolling through Instagram on my phone when I heard an ear splitting noise.

I can't explain the sound. It was like glass shattering, scraping, a drum being hit repeatedly whiIe a can is being dropped onto the floor. The sound echoed throughout the room and inside my head, forcing me to bring my hands to my ears immediately. I groaned, dropping onto my knees from the terrible noise that vibrates throughout my body.

Then it cut out. Completely stopped. The empty house's silence hung in the air as I caught my breath. I stood up with confusion, scrunching up my face from the headache the sound had left behind. My eyes were closed as I rubbed my face, recovering from the fear and shock that I had previously gone through.

When I opened my eyes, I saw a man.

Standing with brownish gold hair, with a golden ring hovering a few inches above his head. A halo. The man had a black and red sweater, his hands tucked in the pockets as he stared at me with sharp green eyes. Behind him, where massive white feathered wings that extended out so far they almost took up the whole kitchen.

I immediately fell to the ground in shock and fear. "Who are you?! What are you doing in my house?!" I shrieked, my legs scrambling out. I stood myself up again, grabbing a pan that was hanging on a nearby hook and pointing it at him.

The man just stared at me with an amused look on his face. Suddenly he flashed me a warm smile. "Hello Zak. I'm Darryl, your Guardian Angel."

A/N:

Dave - Technoblade

George - Spifey

Jack - JackSucksAtLife

Vincent - A6d

Clay - Dream

Zak - Skeppy

Darryl - BadBoyHalo