Chapter 0 : The Night of the Storm

WREN's POV

Nandito kami ng buong family sa mansion ni aunt Cherry, siya ang middle child sa kanilang tatlo na magkakapatid and di siya masyadong nagst-stand out compared sa dad namin (oldest) and kay aunt Meara (youngest).

Siya lang kasi ang nerdy type sa kanilang tatlo. Nasa jock and athletic side ang dad namin and si aunt Meara is the popular type of girl who frequently joins pageantries.

My twin brother Wyatt is close to the both of my father and aunt Meara and he really looks up to the both of them. Alam ko naman kung ano ang iniisip niyo: 'what if kay aunt Meara ka na lang makipag-close? Ba't ka pa magsasayang ng oras sa blacksheep eh ang cool naman ng dad and ng youngest aunt mo?'

Yep.

Tama ka ng nabasa.

Blacksheep ng mga magkakapatid si aunt Cherry.

Actually, di naman talaga Cherry ang pangalan niya. We just call her that because her real name is Sakura, and Sakura in Japanese is Cherry Blossoms. Kaya namin siya tinatawag na Cherry or aunt Cherry.

The reason why I like aunt Cherry is because she's a world-renowned doctor na may different masterals sa Advanced Genetics, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Biotechnology, and Genetic Manipulation and Molecular Cell Biology.

Not only that, this is not a total secret talaga but she's also known to play different martial arts since she was just a kid. She plays karate, taekwondo, judo, and arnis.

Although she's my aunt and I usually spend my time with her in her study, she's still shrouded in mystery for me.

She doesn't talk much.

I want to get to know her more.

She's my idol and role model.

I want to be just like her when I grow up.

I'm now 22 years old and it's the year 2044.

Aunt Meara has two kids and aunt Cherry doesn't have children. Not even a husband or a lover.

I want to know why she never married anyone. I tried asking her several times when Wyatt and I hang out at her house but she usually avoids the question and starts making excuses.

Pero ngayong birthday namin ni Wyatt, dito sa bahay ni aunt Cherry ginanap yung event and hindi ko papalampasin ang chance na 'to para malaman yung katotohanan.

Alam ko na meron siyang minahal.

Alam kong may "greatest love" siya during college but the problem is hindi namin kilala kung sino.

Wala ring idea si dad kung sino ba yung guy na yun, I think may clue si aunt Meara pero di rin siya entirely sure.