Chapter Six

"I don't think he'll come," I said, sitting up on the wall I'd been leaning against.

Lucy smiled and laughed at me, "You really like him don't you? You two should date!"

I put my head in my hands and groaned. "Lucy, he's probably straight. Guys like him aren't-"

"Uly!" Lucy cut me off, shouting out what I suppose is her new nickname for Ulysses.

Then Lucy, being the overly friendly girl she is, hugged him, linked his arm and then gestured for me to link hers. Linking arms proved quite difficult due to the fact I was still in crutches, something Lucy seems to keep over looking.

"How was your day?" Lucy ask Ulysses, as we walked -well, I was being dragged- to Lucy's car.

"It was alright," he smiled at her. He was nice to Lucy. I liked that. I just hope he doesn't like like her... Oh God, maybe he does, maybe that's why he agreed to come with us...

I shook myself. Stop getting jealous Tyler, I told myself. You're not even dating him.

"How was yours?" he asked her, and Lucy went off on a rant about how much of a 'pure douchebag' her math teacher is, until we reached her car where she cut herself off.

"This is mine!" she exclaimed, unlinking both our arms. "You don't have a car with you, do you?" she asked Ulysses, and he shook his head.

"Okay," Lucy smiled and took out her keys to open the car. "Sweetie," she said to me, "Give me your crutches and I'll put them in the boot."

I gave them to her, then opened the back door of her car.

"You sure you want to sit in the back?" she asked me, and I nodded, giving her a look which I hope would make her understand that I was way nervous with Ulysses here.

Ulysses. That's such a sexy name.

Damn, why did I just think that! I felt my face redden so I abruptly sat into the car and slammed the door more than I meant to.

Great, now I looked moody. I was not making a fool out of myself at all.

Lucy got in and started the car while Ulysses got into my usual seat, the passenger seat.

Lucy started talking instantly, that's one thing I love about her. She always has something to talk about and let's no situation get awkward. Whereas I, am the king of awkward.

While we were driving down the mainstreet of town, Lucy interrupted herself to say, "Hey Tyler, did your dad say anything to you yesterday when you got home?"

Only after she asked it, she hadn't realized what she was asking.

I didn't want to talk about my situation with my dad or the killing myself thing in front of Ulysses, so I just said enough of the truth without giving away the complete truth.

"He just shouted at me and then went out and got drunk off his ass," I said, leaning my head against the window and staring out.

"Oh. Well that's alright I suppose," Lucy said. "Hey, Devon's staying at his girlfriends place tonight so you're welcome to stay at mine if you don't feel like going home. You can stay in Devon's room."

"Really?" I asked her. "That'd actually be great. I can't face my dad right now."

Lucy parked the car on a side road, then turned around in her seat to look at me. "Don't worry sweetie, you don't have to. Plus my mom needs someone who can make her look good playing COD."

"I'm not that bad!" I protested, but she just laughed and turned to Ulysses.

"He sucks at COD," she explained.