Chapter Seven

When I got back inside, I went straight to Lucy's room because that's where I supposed they'd be.

And as I thought, Lucy and Ulysses were sitting on her bedroom floor, playing what looked like Call of Duty or Resident Evil. I sucked at both anyway, don't really know the difference.

"Took you long enough!" Lucy said, pausing her game to look at me.

"Sorry, getting up the stairs with these takes me about twenty minutes though."

"Oh, shush. Hey, where'd you get the Rockstar from?" she asked.

"Your dad loves me," I laughed, and she rolled her eyes.

"Gimme gimme," she said, and I handed her the can and she drank some of it.

"So what've you been doing?" I asked both of them, sitting down on the floor like they were.

"Getting my ass kicked," Ulysses muttered, making Lucy laugh.

"Don't feel bad," she said, smiling. "I'm just unbelievably great at anything on xbox."

"Hey, what time is it?" Ulysses asked me.

"Uh," I took out my phone to check the time. "It's five to eight."

"Damn," Ulysses said. "I should get home."

"Aw," Lucy said. "Well, I'll drive you. And Tyler, do you want to go to your house to get anything?"

I shook my head. "My dad might be there."

Lucy nodded. "Honey do you want to stay here while I drive Ulysses home? You look tired, and I think you should be resting your leg more."

I thought about it for a second. I really wanted to spend more time with Ulysses, but my leg was killing me.

"I'll stay here I guess. My leg kinda hurts," I said.

"Alright, I'll be back in a while. Try and get some sleep maybe," Lucy said, giving me a worried look.

She needs to stop worrying about me!

"See you tomorrow, Tyler," Ulysses said, smiling at me as he walked out of the room with Lucy. Hearing him say my name was just... ugh amazing.

I took Lucy's advice, and decided to try and get some sleep. I didn't bother trying to drag myself all the way into Devon's room, I decided I'd just crash here for now. I pulled my shirt off over my head and started making my way towards Lucy's bed when I caught sight of myself in her mirror.

God. I hate the way I look.

I'm skinny as shit, you can see my bones poking out. Bruises were forming all along my chest and small little faded scars from self harm were healing along my stomach.

I shook my head. How could Ulysses ever be attracted to me? I'm disgusting.

Now in a foul mood, all I wanted to do was sleep. Lying down, I thought of how yesterday I didn't even know Ulysses name. And today, I'm after making friends with him.

Slowly, I drifted off into sleep to the sweet thought of Ulysses.

"Motherfucker," I heard Lucy whisper, and I slowly opened my eyes, thinking she was talking to me.

But no, she was talking to her game, because I think she'd just been blown up.

"Luce?" I said, making her look up and pause her game.

"Hey darling, did I wake you up?" she asked, worried. "Go back to sleep if you want to."

"No, no Luce it's okay," I reassured her, yawning and putting my arms out in front of me, stretching. I was sleepy as shit.