Chapter One: The Starters

Start from the beginning

"Alright then, you can come with me to the professors house but that's it. Okay?"

She yipped happily and bounded out the door, spinning in the fresh green grass as I ran after her, the smell of trees and cut grass hitting me with it's sweet scent. I waved to a few of the neighbours as I sped past the houses, not stopping until I saw about five people swarming around the Professor's house looking for something.

Puzzled, I opened the building doors and stepped in to the sight of Professor Breeze scratching his head irritably.

"What's up?" I called, as he and his assistants swivelled round to look at me.

"We don't know what's happened, the Pokemon have left!"

"Well they could have just changed their minds and left couldn't they?"

"Well, they usually let us know first!" He defended, before sighing in defeat.
"I realise that. Could you please just try to find them? I need for them to tell me that they've changed their minds."

"Of course. I'll find them. Don't worry too much!" I smiled as I nodded at Cress and ran out the doors shouting "I'll see you in a bit!". Cress ran beside me as I headed to the tall grass on the outskirts. The wind rustled my hair as I heard the thudding footfalls of her as we sprinted like when we were younger, laughing all the way.

"Drie! Drie!" A voice cried, as I stopped in my tracks and searched the area. The rustling of bushes drew my eyesight to the small snake like Pokemon that had called me. It had two heads that moulded into one at the torso, the right one had black scales and the left one had white, with crystal blue eyes that looked pleadingly at me. Cress stepped infront of me protectively, before starting the conversation.

"Dar.Darm.Darmanion."

"Drie Drie! Driepine!"

"Dar?"

"Drie."

"Dar."

Cress turned round and grabbed hold of my shirt, dragging me away as I protested loudly. She finally let me go as she sprinted off, leaving me to run after her as she bounded along. We reached the outskirts of the village and plunged into the trees, being stopped a few yards away and tackled into a bush. There were two people in strange outfits that were all black, masking their faces. I could hear the cries of struggling Pokemon as they talked.

"What do we do know? They're stuck in a bush for Arceus's sake! We can't get them out without getting both us and them injured, and either way the Boss will give us a load of crap for it. I say we leave 'em."

"But this was our mission! We can't screw up for the third time! Also, if you remember correctly, The Boss also said that this was our last chance or we're gone! Or did you forget?"

"No, I didn't forget because this is THE TENTH TIME YOU'VE TOLD ME!!!"

"Wow, calm down dude!"

"NO! I CAN'T CALM DOWN BECAUSE DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO US IF WE FAIL? I NEVER EVEN WANTED TO JOIN THIS GROUP! I WAS FORCED INTO THIS! I HATE HOW THEY GO ABOUT THINGS AND JUST BECAUSE I WAS NEW, I WAS ROPED INTO THIS! THESE POKEMON HAVE BEEN BEGGING US TO STOP BUT OF COURSE I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN UNDERSTAND THEM! It's just.... leave me alone...."

I gasped slightly as the second man turned away from the other,ripping off his hood and throwing it on the floor to reveal his green hair. I could see tears dripping down his face as he walked towards one of the wriggling bushes and knelt down. Now was my time for an entrance.

"Hi!" I smiled, as I stood up and glanced behind me, trying to give my message through my eyes.

'Stay hidden.'