Chapter Fifteen: The Mission

???'s POV

My hands where slightly shaking as I approached Marcus, my feet sliding on the wet grass as I clambered up the hill. I dragged breath into my lungs as I reached the top, my legs aching from the long walk out here.

"Sir." I coughed, announcing my presence as I rested a hand on the Pokeballs secured to my waist.

I barely had time to react as an arm reached out towards me, clutching my throat as I gagged.

"You failed to eliminate the subject. I have told you before that I do not allow the weak to command." He growled maliciously, as my hands flew to the death grip that was choking me, his hold tightening as I was lifted off the floor.

"Luckily for you, the Doctor captured the target and they are now secure in his facility. But I am a kind leader. I will allow you to rectify yourself. The party they were with must be eliminated, they must not find the research facility. Do you understand? "

My heart was pounding in my chest as I clawed more desperately at his hand.

"Y...Yes sir." I managed to choke out, as the pressure around my throat lessened and I fell to the floor gasping for air. I gulped in oxygen as I choked on the lump that was still in my throat.

"They will soon be arriving at Muriana City to challenge the local Gym. Lure them to you and capture them. The young boy must be unharmed. But the rest... May be brought back dead or alive."

I nodded slowly, backing away as I released my Pokemon, my breathing returning to normal. My mission had been set. And it must be completed...

-X-

Zach's POV

Muriana City.... It had been years since I had last been here, and I was reluctant to be here... But it had to be done. I needed more badges to be able to get to the lighthouse, and this was the only way to get them.

It was nearly night, and the street lights where flickering on, illuminating the streets of book shops and antique stores that littered the city. Shadows flickered through the alleyways as we crept further into the city, searching for a Pokemon Centre. The hotels in this city had ridiculous prices, and I was in no hurry to spend all of my money in one go.

"Wow! Look at the sweet shops! I remember when my mum ran one of these in Frostport!" Roy cried, his excitement infective as I grinned at him, feeling around my pockets for some money. I think everyone was in need of a treat.

I felt the rustle of a Pokeball under my jacket as I reached in and pulled one out, recognizing the pattern on it. As soon as it was in open space it popped open, a flash of white incase the form of Gary as he emerged.

"ELEK!" He cried, bounding over and almost knocking me to the floor with a hug as the Pokeball snapped shut.

"Hey Gary!" I laughed, as Frizz's tail zapped with annoyance, her ears flicking as she smoothed down her fur.

"We're off to sweetshop Gary, you're welcome to get anything you want!" I grinned, as he immediately looked round for the nearest store and ran straight into the door. Surprised gasps rang all around as I shared a look with Frizz, allowing her to hop back on my shoulder as I ran after Gary.

"Elek! Elek! He cried, tossing a handful of yellow sweets in his mouth, causing him to hum in happiness as electricity sparked across his skin.

"Sorry, I'll pay for that." I told the cashier, as she nodded with a scowl on her face. Oops. Way to go Zach.

"Wow! Sherbet Laces! Gummy Silcoons! Groudon Cakes!" Roy cried, looking up at the jars that lined the till in wonder.

"Well, which ones are your favorite?" I grinned, as he scanned the shop keenly.