Chapter One: The Starters

I groggily opened my eyes, blinking as the suns rays tried to blind me before I even got up.
"Come on Chloe! Time to get up! You're going to be late to the professors house!" Cried my mum; as I dragged my blankets over my head. I could feel a thump in my side as I groaned and threw the blankets away from me; glaring at the Pokemon that had jumped on me.

"Cress, what are you doing? I thought you were my friend!" I smiled, holding my hand over my heart with mock hurt. Cress grinned, before pouncing on me and licking my face, while a squealed like a child.

"Cress!"

"Darmanion!" She replied, whilst backing up quickly. *Pause* Let me just take a minute to explain what a Darmanion is. It's a Steel and Dark type pokemon; the second and final evolution in its line. It has a steel blade where its mouth would be and steel spines along its back and on the end of it's tail. Other than that it resembled a cream coloured dog. A dinner table sized dog might I add. I found Cress in the woods near our house when she was injured, so we cared for her and she decided to stay. And shes been in my family ever since. So, back to the story.

*Go!*

Cress nudged me off the floor with the top of her head as I ruffled her fur and bundled my clothes up; heading to the bathroom. "Tell mum i'm up will you please?" I asked, as she yapped happily and bounded down the stairs. I quickly got a shower and had just finished braiding my brown hair when Cress came in again and grabbed hold of my shirt; pulling me towards the stairs.

"I'm coming! I haven't been that long!" I exclaimed, as she rolled her eyes at me and padded down the stairs, waiting expectantly halfway down. I gave myself a last check in the mirror before following Cress to the kitchen, where both my mums were in the kitchen. "Mum? Chrissie? What are you both doing here?"I asked, as they both turned round and smiled at me.

"We're here to see you off honey, this is a big adventure after all." Mum smiled, as Chrissie came beside her and put her hand round her waist; her mop of brown hair mixing perfectly with mum's. They were so alike! But I got my mum's piercing blue eyes and shining brown hair; which I was thankful for.

"Wow. Thanks." I replied, as it dawned on me that im not going to see my parents in a very long time.

"Don't let worrying about us stop you from befriending pokemon and defeating the league. We'll be fine here. Cress will look after us." Chrissie reassured me; as I smiled gratefully at them both.

"Thank you!" I cried, throwing my arms around them as we all hugged each-other, Cress joining in at one point when she threw herself on us all. We broke apart, everyone smiling as I got a firm grasp on the moment, locking it into my memories.

"There's some scrambled eggs on the side for you." Explained mum, as she bent down and ruffled Cress's fur, Cress returning the favour as she licked her cheek.

"Thank you!"

I turned and almost ran to the table as I wolfed down the delicious meal, feeding Cress some of the toast when my parents weren't looking. When I had finished my meal, I grabbed my already packed rucksack and slung it over my shoulder with a thump.

"Are you going?" Mum said sadly, a faint smile gracing her thin lips.

"I guess so..." I replied, drawing my mum into a hug.

"I'll miss you." She murmured, as she squeezed me tightly.

"Ill miss you too." I replied, kissing her forehead and releasing her as she walked back to Chrissie. She nodded her head at me and I did the same. I turned to leave when Cress whined at me, nuzzling my leg.

"You have to stay here with Mum and Chrissie, Cress. I'll be back, I promise."

She whined and looked up at me sadly.