Chapter Fourteen: Battle Time

Zach's POV

I opened my groggy eyes, yawning loudly as I woke myself up to hear the sound of snoring. I hit the alarm off, throwing the sheets off me before I fell asleep again in their warmth. It was time to get ready for the match. I immediately threw my clothes on, waking my Pokemon up and putting the kettle on ready for a coffee. I settled into my usual routine of getting ready, having to physically drag Roy out of bed because he refused to get up.

"I'm tiiiireeeed."

"We need to be up ready for the gym battle." I laughed, as he flopped onto the floor like a Magikarp. I rolled my eyes before leaving them, hearing him squeal as the Pokemon let loose on him.

"Now get changed, we're getting food after you're ready." I shouted back, walking into the bathroom and shutting the door, quickly locking it behind me. I put the toilet seat down before slumping onto it, putting my head in my hands. I hated to be wasting time challenging gyms when Chloe was there again, especially because of N was there. He isn't like her, and that could play to the Dr's advantage. I just hoped that she was keeping okay... I jumped as I heard thumping on the door, making me almost fall off the toilet seat in surprise.

"Are we going then?" I heard Roy shout, as I smiled quickly, emerging from the toilet to find the Pokemon and an impatient Izzy waiting at the door. She wore her usual jeans and top, her Pokebelt fastened proudly over her chest. It wasn't too long before I could challenge the gym leader, and my heart started beating faster at the prospect. It couldn't be over sooner enough. We all headed to the dining section of the Pokecentre, the smell of food soon taking over me as we drifted towards the servers. I immediately grabbed a tray, filling it with food before rushing to find a table to scoff all it down. Arceus I was hungry! Wait, why would I be so hungry? I checked my pendant worryingly, making sure it wasn't damaged or anything, breathing out a sigh of relief when it smooth surface gave no evidence of damage. I could feel Frizz put a paw on my shoulder as I smiled weakly at her, her furry face scrunched up in worry.

"Don't worry." I assured her, turning my gaze back to my food as Izzy and Roy approached.

"So, what's your strategy for actually getting to the gym leader?" Izzy asked, playing boredly with her food as she stared at me.

"Haven't thought of it. I've been round the maze before so unless he's changed it, I should be fine." I shrugged, as she scowled.

"What if it did change?"

"It'll be fine." I told her, slipping Frost a Pokepuff under the table as he licked my fingers, making them feel like ice pops. Izzy nodded as we all finished our meals, shouldering our bags as we set off for the gym.

-X-

An hour later.

Arceus my feet where tired.

We had been walking for what seemed like forever through this blooming maze, the heat from the walls of flames making me sweat as I wiped my forehead, my hand coming back sodden. Isighed heavily stepping forward quickly as Frost whined at me. I turned round quickly to see what was up when an immense heat leapt up my back, making me cry out in pain before it was suddenly gone. I spun round, only to find a machine sparking dangerously in the water, and a very guilty looking Gary. Well, the gym leaders sure going to hate us, but at least it meant less battles with the helpers of the gym. I smiled softly at Gary, before proceding through, helping the Pokemon jump over the puddle, as well as Roy and Izzy. I sighed in joy as the exit loomed ahead of us, signalling the end off this hell. I almost ran through it before gasping at the sight.

A large cavern was spread out before me, glowing red from the floor, which was completely made of glass. And below it, was a layer of magma that spat flames into the empty space between it and the glass.