Hellevator

“Yes, mom. I'm heading for the main gate right now. Will be there soon, alright?”

He's been there in the car for about 5 minutes and has been bombarded with a million texts already.

Okay, a bit of an exaggeration.

“Argh, this woman seriously. She proves that she's my mom.”

He smiled to himself as he rushed up to reach the main gates of the only ginormous building in the area. His mom's been there for some appointment and even though it hadn't even begun yet, she's called him out to wait in the waiting area for her, to make sure to give her a lift as soon as she finishes.

She left for her office right in the morning and for her appointment, exactly half an hour before the scheduled time. She's a very particular woman, who doesn't like being late anywhere around and made sure to let her son know the facts.

It's weird how she still treats her son like a teenager, even though he recently turned 20 but for her, he's just that kid who prefers to spend his time playing video games and doing weird stuff.

Maybe, to make sure he doesn't burn down the house along with his invited friends, she rather called him up to secure her ride that wasn't gonna happen anywhere near this hour. He was sure her appointment was gonna last at least 2 hours but here he was, entering the main gates of the most famous hospital in Seoul.

He headed in the parking lot, secured for the guardians of the patients and as soon as he parked, left a text to her saying that he's there.

[Tae, 1:35 pm]: I'm here mom, don't worry. Your Uber's ready -.-

[Mom, 1:36 pm]: good boyyy. I'll get you your favourite snack on the way back my pumpkin.

[Tae, 1:36 pm]: Snacks  are fine but I tOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME PUMPKIN

[Mom, 1:37 pm]: okay, got it pumpkin.

They're weird. This mom and son duo. They're from another planet where everyone's weird.

Unfortunately, since this isn't a McDonald's drive thru, so he just can't get a treat in here, nor pick out on some real hot guys and girls that serve there.

He's bored to say the least. He could have stayed at home and invited the two of his friends over, Yoongi and Jimin, who happened to be dating but he didn't mind third wheeling as long as they were there to stay the afternoon and burn the house down with him.

They're a good company that he still is in touch with after high school. He isn't dating or seeing anyone in particular. Apart from the few crushes he had in school, he hasn't had his eye on anyone for so long. Probably because it's only in high school that you find extremely hot boys around. After school, everybody washes off that makeup.

It was a stupid idea, to agree with his mom to come around in the first place. Now he's just there, sitting in his car which happens to be in a weirdly isolated parking lot cause not many patients seemed to be around. At least their cars weren't and he was glad.

It wasn't long before his phone buzzed again to find another message from mom.

[Mom, 1:42 pm]: Are you still there in the parking lot??

[Tae, 1:43 pm]: Your appointment of 1:30 hasn't begun yet?!

[Mom, 1:43 pm]: She did come but told me politely that she was waiting for her son to come for something. It'll begin in another 10 minutes I guess.