Is it really God's Will?

Hey guys :) Just coming through with a new chapter!

I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist that wonderful honor goes to Hiromu Arakawa.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The Elrics were sitting inside the church looking from one of the many seats in the middle of the room. Rose appeared from a doorway not far from them before she noticed them.

"Oh? Didn't I meet you guys earlier?" she said as she walked closer to the group.

"Do you want to learn about Letoism?" she asked excitedly.

"Sorry we're alchemists," Anne stated simply.

"That's not good! By believing in God you'll live with daily gratitude and hope....isn't that wonderful!? If you have faith you'll definetely get bigger and look more like a girl!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Alphonse grabbed his older sister, "She didn't mean it in a bad way!"

Anne sighed and sat down on a bench as Ed joined her.

"Jeez, how can you believe in something like that?" Anne said shaking her head, "Pray to god and the dead will come back, right?"

Rose closed her eyes as she answered, "Yes, without a doubt."

Anne sighed again before taking out a small book and handing it to Edward.

"Water 35L, Carbon 25Kg, Ammonia 4L, Lime 1.5Kg, Phosphorus 800g, salt 250g, saltpeter 100g, Sulfur 80g, Iron 5g, Silicon 3g, and trace amounts of 15 other elements," Ed said giving the small book back to his twin sister.

"Huh? What's all that?" Rose asked as all the different things that were said floated inside her head.

"These are the calculated components that make up the body of a single adult. We already know that much with modern science, but the reality is that no successful human transmutation has ever been reported," Ed explained as he crossed his hands and put them under his chin.

"There's not enough of something. For hundreds of years, scientists have been researching and researching, but they still haven't been able to grasp it," he finished as he put his hands down.

"So you could say it's a wasted effort, but I think it's a lot more useful than just praying and waiting," Anne said as she put her hands behind her neck and looking up at the ceiling.

"And all the ingredients for these parts? You can pick all of that from a market place with the pocket money of a little kid. It's really cheap to make a human being," Ed added.

"A person isn't a thing. You're being disrespectful to the creator! You'll get the wrath of heaven!" Rose said angrily.

"Ah ha ha! Alchemists are scientists, so we can't believe in vague things like 'creator' and 'god'," Anne said as she finished laughing, "We explain the fundamentals of the creation of everything in the world and persue the truth."

"It's ironic that as scientists that don't believe in god, we're the closest things to it," Ed said as he looked towards the statue in front of the room.

Anne looked at Ed angrily, "We're not almighty beings, Ed! We're still human!"

"That's arrogant. You think of yourself as god's equal?" Rose said as she looked at Ed in disbelief.

"I don't know about Ed," Anne said as she shot Ed a glare, "But I'm only a girl with knowledge who has a different way of looking at the world."

"Ever heard the legend that there was a hero who made wings of wax. He flew too close to the sun and the wings fell apart, and he plummeted to his death," Ed said.