God's Messenger

Fullmetal Alchemist belongs to Hiromu Arakawa

=============================

“No. NO. It can't be,” Anne shouted in her head like a mantra as she ran down the streets of East City. Rain was pouring down, a weather befitting her mourning mood. She thought about what Lieutenant Hawkeye just told her and her brothers and she couldn’t stop the tears as they cascaded down her face and to the sidewalk.

“She’s not dead. She can't be dead!”

============================

Anne sat in her dorm room bed across from her brother. She had refused a dorm in the Women’s section because she didn’t want to be away from her brothers. She looked up and sighed as she saw the pale blue figure of her brother across from her.

They had come here, Ed, herself, and Al, after standing in front of the Eastern Command Center and speaking to Colonel Mustang. Edward had screamed how they were human but yet they couldn’t save a little girl. She had started crying hysterically again, and Colonel Mustang told them to turn in for today.

She sighed again. Why was life so hard?

She went to sleep, facing away from her brother and curled up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

”Mommy! Mommy!” little Anne called, her short golden hair shining freely in the afternoon sun.

“What’s the matter, dear?” Trisha asked with an apron full of freshly picked tomatoes as her only daughter came to halt in front of her, her hands outstretched covering something in her small hands.

“Heh, Heh, Here’s a present!” the little girl giggled out, holding out a small, beautifully crafted, metal cat.

“Oh, for me?” Trisha said, taking the cat. “How did you do it?”

“I transmuted it!”

“You did? That’s daddy’s little girl,” the woman said as she stroked the girl’s hair. “Thank you, Annie. You're so talented, making such a perfect object. But…”

Trisha suddenly began to change. Blood began to drip down her face, from her eyes and mouth. She became the most grotesque imitation of her previous beautiful self, completely frightening, scaring the child before her.

“You couldn’t make me right…..”

She dropped the tomatoes and the metal cat and started walking slowly towards her. She backed up, her small hands grabbing at the hems of her dress, her beautiful golden eyes widening in fear. She froze as her mother’s bloody hands touched her rounded cheeks.

“Don’t you love me, Annie?”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~

Anne sat bolt right in her bed, her mouth still open in a silent scream. She sat there, panting with cold sweat covering her body. She hugged her left arm to her chest, trying to find some sort of comfort.

“It hurts….” She gasped, crying once again. She sat there for a while, until she heard another gasp next to her.

“Bad dreams Ed?” she asked quietly.

She only received a nod from her older brother, as he was still shaking from whatever it is that woke him up. She saw him curl up, hugging his automail leg to his chest, breathing deeply as if to calm himself.