Home is Where the Heart is

Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are both owned by FUNimation, Aniplex USA and Hiromu Arakawa. Please support the official release.

================

Later on that day, after becoming more used to his spare leg, Anne and Ed sat outside with Den, the Rockbell's dog, and Alphonse, who had joined the older Elrics to make sure they didn't get into any trouble.

"What's with that money hungry lady?!" the oldest Elric said unexpectedly, scaring Anne out of her thoughts.

"You're asking that now, Ed?" Anne asked exasperated. Her brother had always had a tendency for the dramatics, but they sky-rocketed whenever it included their blonde childhood friend.

The blond boy sighed and laid back down on the grass, his hands behind his head. It was a typical pose of Ed's, one he had whenever he was bored and anxious. Anne smiled at the thought. It's been a long time since any of them had taken any sort of break or vacation. She understood that at times it was necessary to find a cure for their bodies as soon as possible but at the same time she knew that a break once in a while would help so much.

Edward had been too stressed recently, ever since her encounter with Scar. He's always near her, never out of sight. She appreciated the gesture, but her brother needed to understand that she can take care of herself. She wasn't completely helpless.

"Never mind. A week huh? What am I gonna do? There aren't even any libraries around here."

"But isn't it nice to have the occasional break when we haven't had it very easy for a while?" Alphonse spoke up. Anne smiled at that.

'My thoughts exactly little brother.'

"But I don't do well with breaks!" Edward said petulantly.

"Oh for goodness sake's Ed! How's this for a thought? You can spend time with your family without any of us being in any mortal danger!" Anne huffed as she got up and left the brothers on the hill.

With confident steps, Anne made her way to the Rockbell home.

---------------------------------

"What the hell's up with her?" Edward said, as he watched the retreating back of his twin sister.

"You're very dense nii-san." Alphonse sweat dropped, his glowing eyes also following their sister.

"What was that?!"

Edward stopped though, as he noticed his younger brother give him a serious look before speaking.

"We've been searching for a long time now on how to fix our bodies that we really haven't thought of anything else. We haven't taken many breaks where we spend time together as a family. We're all we have left nii-san. And I think it hits Annie the hardest. She misses mom a lot."

Edward couldn't help but remember how Anne was when their mother was still alive. She was so similar to their mother, besides their appearance. All of the Elric children had inherited their father's gold hair and eyes, but Anne was the only one who got their mother's kindness.

But ever since the incident much of that kindness seemed to have vanished. Don't get him wrong she still loved her brothers and treated them with kindness and love, but outside that small circle Anne now tends to act more like her older brother more than anything.

Alphonse watched as Edward rose to his feet, his face looking back to where Anne had gone. And if he knew his twin as much as he thought he did, he knew exactly where she went.