All That Glitters is not Gold

Fullmetal Alchemist is the property of Hiromu Arakawa

---------------------------------------

~Last chapter~

"So that's why you are called the 'Fullmetal Alchemist'! Because of your metal limbs! And your little sister! The 'Blind Miracle Alchemist'! Because of her lack of sight but is said to still be able to see!"

"Come and get some you third-rate!" Edward challenged, brandishing the mechanical hand in a fist, "I'll show you what's the difference between the two of us!"

"Rose, these people, they have done something that is forbidden to alchemists: they have performed human transmutation... They've committed the greatest crime and failed!"

"Yes we did fail. It was our mother we tried to bring back. I lost my left leg," Edward said gently, looking away.

"I lost my eyesight," Anne said, gently touching her somewhat useless eyes.

"And I lost my entire body. Then Brother and Sister traded their arms for my soul, and fixed it to this armor," Alphonse finished.

Rose remembered Edward's earlier story in the church:

"There was once a hero who made wings from bird feathers and wax. However he flew too close to the sun, causing the wax to melt and destroy his wings. Thus, he plummeted to his death."

---------------------------------------

 "This is what resurrecting someone means Rose. You got the guts to do it? Do you?!"

 The woman did not speak.

Cornello laughed and said, "Edward Elric and Anne Elric!! Then you joined the State Alchemists!! Don't make me laugh!"

"Shut up! Without that stone, you can't do anything you ultra third-rate!" Anne snapped back, facing him by using the sound of his voice.

"I see, I see. And so you want the Philosopher's stone? If you use this, your human transmutation would be a success, huh?"

"Don't get me wrong baldy!" Anne snapped, putting her hand on her hips, "We just want that stone to restore our bodies back. I want to turn my little brother human again and restore my older brother's limbs back!"

"And what about you? Certainly you are not that selfless?" Cornello said, taunting her.

"I don't care about me! I'll be just fine!"

Alphonse and Edward just stared at their sister. Her selfless act touched their hearts. She was just like their mother. She was always thinking of their happiness over her own.  They truly believed their mother lived on in their sister. They would protect her with all their being to keep her safe.

"So Father, we'll say it again, Give us the stone, while you're still not hurt," Alphonse said, trying to be polite even in a situation like this.

"You stupid fools who came close to god and fell to the earth. This time, I'll have to send you there myself!" the priest proclaimed.

With that he transmuted his walking stick into a large, multi-barreled gun and began to fire. Rose screamed.

Edward swiftly clapped his hands and slammed them on the ground, transmuting a wall of stone to block the bullets.

"God seems to hate me," Edward said with a grin, from behind the safety of the wall. "He would probably just send me straight back!"

"You little...!" Cornello hissed and continued firing.