I Shall Fight

My wings were torn and my tail was crushed from the rubble of the blast. I was so weak from blood loss and using so much magic, but Master was in danger. I retracted my wings and tail with a muffled scream from the pain. I used some of my simple magic to move the ruble, I crawled out of the opening I made before collapsing in the fresh air. I lay for but a moment before standing on slashed and bloody legs.

I didn't see Master before the blast when off so maybe he wasn't caught up in it. I started to walk, only letting out soft whimpers from the pain to avoid catching attention. I had no idea where I was, I had no magic left and I was so damaged I could not engage in combat, even if I find Master there's no way I could save him.

I made my way around town blind and hopeful. Right now, hope was all I had. I know a soldier cannot win a war armed with hope and hope alone. But goddammit I was going to try. I continued to trug and hide as I searched for my Master, I don't know how long I looked but finally, I was back at the battlefield. It didn't take long to find where Master and the avengers were, I only walked a small bit before an explosion sent Mister Tony hurdling to the right. I peeked over the corner and saw Mister Hulk fighting the purple man.

I watched in horror as he threw Mister Hulk with ease and hit him with a beam from the gold glove he had. What hurt more was as he turned to fire at Mister Hulk I could see Master's body, bloody and broken. His helmet was twisted and mangled to the side of him. I knew I stood no chance but there was no way I was going to let Master die without trying to save him. I ran from my cover and with the new adrenalin in me, I could stand tall and firm.

"Hey!"

I could not remember his name, nor did I care to. He turned to me and smirked at me.

"For being a scrawny maid you are hard to get rid of."

I could only narrow my eyes at him.

"I won't let you kill my Master without a fight!"

He turned and laughed.

"What are you going to do to stop me. You damaged and weak. You must be dreaming if you think you have any chance."

I watch as he began to walk over to where Master lies. I remembered what Mister Clint told me back in my garden. I looked to the ground as I spoke.

"When it comes to dreams, sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly..."

I looked back at the man to see him now holding Master.