Chapter 5

(WARNING for language and extremely long chapter! My only comment for this chapter is: Pidge. Now read away! ❤️)

~No POV, Third Person~

Princess Allura did not know what she was doing. Yet she did. "Uh...Princess Allura?" Former Commander Takashi Shirogane called meekly from behind the door. "What?" Allura grumbled after taking off her regal blouse. The Princess of Altea pressed her coral white hair against her bare chest. Her skin felt tingly as she left the lengthy strands in place with a magic spell. The incantation started to do more than keep her hair against her torso. Her sapphire eyes turned a dark hue of ruby as an experiment. The Altean princess's pale pink tail tinted with a shade of dark red as well. "This has never happened before," She whispered to herself softly; taking her appearance in.

"Are you still there?!" Shiro asked. "Yes," Princess Allura answered. "Okay, good. I was worried for a tick there." Allura grinned slyly. "You don't need to worry about me, I'm not helpless." She smacked her lips together. "I-" "I know that you care too much, just bear with me here." Allura snapped her fingers and reversed the spell. The princess sighed graciously as her features reverted to normal. Her eyes, tail, and gills on the back of her neck lost their dark shade of red. Allura felt decent with the sense of self-control returning to her.

"One moment!" She called. Shiro waited patiently as she put a blouse on and braided her hair. Allura opened the door to her room after getting ready and patted a space on her bed. "Can I sit there-" He asked sheepishly. "That's what I'm inviting you to do." The princess replied with a witty grin. The two sat side-by-side and stared in different directions. "I hope Lance is planning something. I miss him so much," Princess Allura mused wistfully. "If it makes you feel any better, my brother Keith disappeared after the Okari Alliance was founded," Shiro added. Allura frowned sympathetically. "What happened to him?" She inquired. The former commander paused and glanced back at the princess.

"I can't tell you." He explained vaguely. "I understand," Princess Allura nodded. "But I do want to know what's been going on with you, the militia, and-" "We've been put down." Takashi interrupted discreetly. Allura raised a brow. "What do you mean?" He sighed and his gray eyes slightly darkened. "Shiro? Takashi? Why are you not saying anything?" The princess broke the silence. Shiro nipped at his bottom lip and answered, "Alfor broke up the military groups, so at least a hundred or so of them could escape before the Galra could attack. Adam, Curtis, Iverson, a few of the younger gens, and I are the only ones left."

"So, the others are gone," Allura repeated, "Several are probably dead," Shiro nodded. "And no one can overthrow Lotor from here?" The princess gritted her teeth. "Pretty much." The commander reported. "Why am I always in the helpless positions..." She muttered. "We still have your brother and other connections. The Okari and Balmera-" Allura tossed a swirl of bubbles at the ceiling and watched them fade into the current. "No one is going to help us, Shiro. What gets captured by the Galra, stays in the Galra territory." She grimaced.

"I disagree," Shiro argued openly, "We can make an escape plan and organize a search party for your brother. You know this castle better than anyone else, Allura." Princess Allura smirked, "Besides Coran." He chuckled faintly. "Yes, we can't forget about Coran." The former commander commented. "Well, the best way to leave the castle is through the kitchen into the old underground tunnels. A few miles down the leftmost tunnel leads to a hole in the land near an old seaweed plantation. From there, you can reach Okarion City and rally allies." Allura recommended with a bright smile on her face. "Sounds like a great plan, but what about you? Don't you want to do something for the mission, Allura?" Shiro raised a brow.

Allura sighed and her grin shrunk. "I will have to stay here and ensure that no one, especially Coran or my father, gets suspicious. No one can know except the two of us-" "And Adam and Curtis." Shiro interrupted sternly. "Yes, and Adam and Curtis. If they are good in combat and navigation laws." The princess murmured; placing her hands on top of his scales. "They sure are. My friends are perfect for the job." Shiro beamed and squeezed the princess's hands confidently. "Someone will have to guard the tunnels through. Lotor is still new to the architecture of the castle, and the plan could fail if he gets a hold of the blueprints or notices anyone being absent." Allura added onto her idea. "If this fails," Shiro blurts. "We will have to pray to Poseidon that Lance, Pidge, Hunk, and your brother are still alive."