Chapter 1

(I alternate from Keith's POV to Lance's, so bear with me on that. I'll add the '___'s POV' thing to make it more convenient. By the way, the profanity is replaced with sea puns, so...try not to laugh. ;] )

7 years later...

~Keith's POV, 3rd Person~

In hiding from the cruel outside world of the oceans lives Keith Kogane, known as the Predator, with his only ally alive; Kosmo the Seadog. "I miss being free too, Kosmo. Once in a while, it wouldn't hurt to see that sunken shipwreck, or the tavern with the mermaids...ah those were the days. No one was afraid of me, I still had my first love, I didn't eat everything." Keith murmured wistfully. Kosmo growled; trying to cheer his closest friend up. "I'd never eat you though, Kosmo. You're too caring to eat." The predator answered and snuggled up to his companion. "Arf!" "Yes, I'm getting a little hungry too. I could go for a seahorse right about now," Keith pecked Kosmo's nose before cautiously swimming outside of the cave.

Kosmo whimpered sadly. "Don't worry Kosmo, I'll bring a few clownfish for you." His owner replied reassuringly. "Arf!" The seadog almost instantly cheered up. "Stay here now. Good boy." Keith smirked in relief. "Dinner time." He muttered.

-- -- -- --

~Lance's POV, 3rd Person~

In the meantime, Prince Lance was hundreds of quibids (underwater miles) away from Altea searching for his-and the kingdom's only hope: Keith Kogane. "Where could that mullet be? That book from the library said that he hides only a few more quibids away from here. We have to find him, Hunk." Lance complained to his best friend and fellow Altean merman. "I have a feeling this wasn't a good idea. Maybe I'm right," Hunk replied casually. "No, no Hunk. You are wrong. The only superpower that can kick Lotor's tail should be around here somewhere." The Altean Prince argued; curling his palms into fists.

As the two swam closer to a white coral reef, they could see a figure in the distance scaring a school of clownfish and herd of seahorses. "Who does that guy think he is? They're harmless creatures man!" Lance grit his teeth together in anger. "Hey, hey buddy. Calm down. Maybe he needs food and can't find any kelp or oysters anywhere so that's all he can-" "Wait a tick, Hunk. This guy is attacking innocent sea creatures. Doesn't the...oh quiznak dude! We found him!" Lance shouted in excitement.

Almost instantly, the figure stared at them and fled with a stash of food. "Great Hunk, now you scared him." The prince grumbled before rushing after him by fin. "Lance! Wait!" His best friend shouted. "I'll be here!" He hid behind a huge block of bleached coral. Lance sighed and gave him a two-fin-finger salute in agreement.

-- -- -- --

~Keith's POV, 3rd Person

"Dolphinfish it!" Keith cursed in stress. "After seven flippering years, I've been spotted." His worst fear became a reality. And one of the mermen he saw was right on his tail. "Hey! Coralhead listen to me!" The merman shouted loudly. Keith bit off the head of one of the seahorses he captured; gaining more energy. He swam much faster than his stalker and earned a lead. "Shell. Come on, wait up!" The stranger swam faster in haste. Keith winced out of the lack of air his gills were absorbing. He swerved through another path in the kelp forest they passed through.

I can't get him off my track... Why can't this angelfish-hole understand that I don't want company?! "Go...away dumbanemone!" Keith growled as he sped further away. "No! I need to talk to you, Keith!" The merman caught him off guard. The predator froze anxiously; allowing for his pursuer to catch up to him.