Chapter 4

(Thank you for not saying "Begone thot!" about/to Serenade, she's my favorite character and that means a lot to me. Also, sorry about there not being enough Klance in the last chapter! Klance content is a growing process. I hope this lengthy one makes it up to you guys. <3 <3)

Serenade Pearlshore fell out of her trace. She rolled her eyes and whispered, "Boys..." under her breath. "For the sake of my sanity, please stop fighting." She groaned in annoyance. "Anything for the princess." Lance joked. "She's my first love," Keith hissed; squeezing the mermaid's hand possessively. "Gills, Keith. You need to relax. This is gonna be fun!" The Prince of Altea exclaimed jubilantly. "Saving the people that have hated my anemone for years is the paragon of fun." The predator muttered indifferently. "It's been a while since anyone has encountered a member of the Blade of Marmora, so this is gonna be a difficult mission." He added.

Lance grunted in frustration. "Really?! Oh, my flipping gills! This is gonna take years! While we're off wandering around the Seven Seas, Lotor is busy trying to hook up with my sister while my people are being brutally slaughtered for his dolphinfish quintessence supply!" He barked furiously. Serenade squeaked in fear and hid behind her first love. Keith sighed and tried to calm the prince down, "Relax, Lance. I get it, you're upset. Angry-" "Enraged, Mullet! I'm FLIPPING FURIOUS!" The Prince of Altea screeched with rage. The mermaid whimpered softly and stayed silent. "We have a plan, okay? It's just gonna take some time." The predator huffed and held her hand.

Keith glared at the irritable Altean. "Everything is going to work out. Clues are always left behind from battles and missions, we just need to find a few." Lance clenched his teeth and took a deep breath. "Whatever Mullet." He retorted. "Ooh! Look you two! Oysters! Oh my gills, I'm starving..." Serenade stared at the outstanding group of shells on the seafloor. "We literally just-" The Prince of Altea grumbled. Keith glanced at the group of shells and licked his lips by instinct. "Those oysters do look good, but I still have a clownfish leftover from my hunt a few quintants ago." Lance stopped swimming in his tracks. "Oh my gills! Guys, I forgot HUNK!" He exclaimed loudly.

The lovefish stared at each other in confusion. "Who's Hunk, Prince Lance?" Serenade asked curiously. "Who is Hunk?! Why, my best friend in all of the Seven Seas!" Lance explained as if it was the easiest formula in the world. Keith let out a sheepish chuckle, "I thought you wanted to find the Blade of Marmora, Lance. Now you're looking for your best friend...what is going on with you today?!" The mermaid scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. "I just have a lot to do, okay?" The Prince of Altea muttered indecisively. "We believe you, we believe you. It's just a lot to take in." Keith declared modestly. "Since we're looking for Hunk first, do you know where he is, or where you saw him last?" His lover inquired; nipping gently at her bottom lip. "Back in the kelp-"

And just in time, a relatively chubby merman about their age bumped into Lance at high speed. "Lance?! You've been here this whole time?! I thought you were going to wait for me..." The merman pouted anxiously. "I am so. Sorry, Hunk! I just ended up getting distracted with rallying the troops," The stressed mer's best friend apologized frantically. Hunk crowed casually, "I get it. After all, you're the one who organized this expedition." "Is this Hunk?!" Serenade squealed after the two separated from a compassionate hug. "You are so adorable!" She ejaculated ecstatically. "Th-thanks?" The curvy, tanned merman stammered sheepishly. "She tends to get excited when meeting new people. I'm Keith, and that's Serenade." The predator introduced the two of them calmly.

Hunk held out his hand before taking it back. "Wait. Are you the Predator?!" He squeaked nervously. Keith rolled his eyes and growled faintly. "So-" Serenade swam in front of him and panicked. "Yes, but he won't hurt you!" She argued and kissed her lover's forehead affectionately. "Unless you piss him off," Lance added bluntly. "Can you two stop? Seriously, I can talk for myself." Keith bellowed irritably. Hunk stared at the trio for a moment; taking everything in. He sighed and slanted his head. "What are you trying to say, buddy?" The Prince of Altea questioned curiously.