Request: Vera Oberlin x (Shy) Reader, feat. Zoe & Oz

Thank you to @Rookie_19 for the request :)

---

"No way!" Zoe said. "She seems like a jerk to me!"

The purple eldritch horror was sitting to your left at the long lunch table, eating some kind of slimy sandwich. Oz was sitting to your right, peering across you at Zoe. You had just admitted a secret to your two friends, and were now trying to get them to keep their voices down as they argued about what you should do next.

"She can be a bit cold sometimes," Oz admitted, "But she is cold-blooded, after all."

"Shh!" You checked over your shoulders and raised your hand up, lowering it back down in a motion that told Zoe and Oz, Your volume is here. I need it to be here.

"I'm just afraid mean ol' Vera will break [Y/N]'s heart. She's certainly not the kindest girl at Spooky High."

Oz contested. "If there's anyone who should be 'afraid' of anything, it's me. I'm the literal embodiment of fear!" Oz continued, "And I think talking to Vera is worth a shot."

That's right--you had a crush on Vera Oberlin. And Zoe had a point. Gorgons have a reputation for being stone cold, but Vera was next-level. The last time someone asked Vera on a date, rumor has it she poisoned them and waited a full day to give the sucker the antidote. When she finally gave them the cure, the little bottle's label read, "I antidon't want to be your girlfriend, loser."

But there was no denying how pretty Vera was, and admirable too. She was smart, and had earned every monster dollar she owned through her wits and hard work. You had settled with the notion that there was no way she'd ever look twice in the direction of someone like you. Nevertheless, the thought of your hand in hers wouldn't leave your mind. And now Zoe and Oz were going back and forth about your secret in the middle of the lunchroom.

"Seriously, guys, keep it down!" you pleaded, but they weren't listening to you.

"What logic could possibly lead you to the conclusion that crushing on Vera could be good for [Y/N]?" Zoe asked Oz.

"[Y/N] is a perfectly cute and charming monster," Oz said. "Yeah, Vera can be a bitch, but I think [Y/N] could woo anyone they set their heart on."

"Well, yeah," Zoe said, and she started to rebut, but a shadow fell over her from behind and a hand rested on your shoulder. Zoe's eyes widened, and she quick zipped her lips.

You looked at the hand, which was slender and green with sharp fingernails, painted purple and perfectly manicured. You traced the hand up, and your heart rolled over in your chest at the sight of the beautiful one-and-only Vera Oberlin.

"So you think I'm a bitch," the gorgeous gorgon said flatly, passing Oz a cold stare.

Oz trembled and looked down at his boots.

"We didn't mean... Erm, we just..." Zoe struggled to find the right thing to say, frantically scratching the back of her head.

Vera leaned down over your left shoulder. Your heart raced. Her snakes hissed soberly in your ears, and she said, "Here's the answer, nerds."

Her smooth, cold fingers wrapped around your chin, turning your head toward her as Oz and Zoe stared, mouths wide open. Vera planted a long smooch on your lips, between your bright red cheeks.

After a few seconds, she pulled away slowly and opened her eyes to meet your stunned gaze. She winked while her snakes whispered around you both.

Then, she straightened up and joined two friends you hadn't noticed until now, who had been standing behind her, and who were equally as shocked as Zoe and Oz.

"Pick me up at seven Friday, and I'll see whether you're dating material, cutie."

Then the gorgon was gone.