T W E N T Y E I G H T

"gushers for zach, swedish fish for jack, and fruit rollups for corbyn, catherine and austin i got you guys some gummy bears" i say giving everyone what i got them.

"what did you get?" zach asks.

"nothing, i wasn't craving anything" i say with a small smile. we all head to room 529 as we see daniel wake up.

"hello sleeping beauty" jack says as everyone one one by one goes in.

"jonah i'm scared" i stop him before he enters.

"hey guys!" daniel says from the room.

"hey how you holding up?" jack asks.

"why ?" jonah says.

"what if he's mad?"

"why would he be?"

"because i didn't walk away after the comment and caused him to be here" i say.

"he's gonna be happy to see you"

"where's jonah and makayla?" i hear daniel from the room.

"come on" he says.

"you go i'm scared!" i whisper yell.

"hey daniel" jonah says walking in the room.

"hey man" he says. i take a deep breathe as i walk in.

"makayla!" daniel says sitting up.

"hey" i say as he puts his arms out, i run up to him as i hug him. he hugs me tightly. "i'm sorry" i whisper in his ear.

"for?" he whispers back. we hear someone clear their throat.

"austin don't ruin the moment, we'll be waiting outside" catherine says as austin and her exit the room.

"so will we" corbyn says as they all head out closing the door behind them.

"you were saying?" daniel says.

"i'm sorry this happened to you, it was my fault" i say as i see his face with a bandage on his eyebrow and lip plumped a bit, it brought me to tears.

"hey, hey" he says pulling me into a hug. "it wasn't your fault, i needed to defend you because no one should treat you like that" he says stroking my hair, we stay there in silence.

"how you doing now?" i ask.

"good, i don't know why i need to stay the night"

"did jonah give you your clothes for tomorrow?"

"yup"

"good"

"what did i miss?" he asks pulling away.

"not much austin and catherine found out what happened so they came, the boys also came brought me water and a hoodie"

"is that mine?" he says

"uh..." i say as he chuckles. "sorry" i say with a nervous chuckle.

"keep it" he says, the room went silent away.

"i'm really sorry this happened to you" i say grabbing his hand rubbing his thumb.

"you shouldn't apologize" he says as he gives me a kiss on the cheek, he grabs my hand as he turns my head kissing his lips. damn makayla. i quickly pull away.

"what's wrong?" he asks.

"i feel like i'm hurting your lip, and austin and catherine followed by the guys are on the other side of the door"

"you're not and let's just hope they don't open the door"

"but first we gotta take a selfie, to remember this very odd night" i say chuckling pulling daniel's phone out. "forgot to give it to you" i say as we take a few selfies with our phones. we take a photo of me punching his lip as he turns away, and lastly we pose smiling putting the timer for 3 seconds as it hit 2 seconds daniel quickly turns my head kissing my lips. i hear a flash as i put the phone down, i put my hand on his cheek. this one felt different it felt warm, a bit bloody, and more passionate. we hear a knock as we quickly pull away.

"may we come in?" catherine says.

"yeah" daniel says as i we clean our lips.

"elle wanted to see you daniel" catherine says as elle comes running in i help her get on the bed as i sit beside her.

"hi elle" daniel says picking her up and hugging her.

"hi aniel, you okay?" she asks.

"so your names aniel now?" i say as everyone chuckles.

"yes i'm okay elle" he says.

"okay get better" she says as she does kisses with her hands. we all aw as she sits next to him.

"visitor hours are done" a nurse says knocking on the door lightly.

"may we just get a few minutes?" jonah asks politely.

"sure, by the way someone is able to stay the night with him if they'd like" she asks.

"ou sleepover!" zach says.

"only one person can stay zach" jack says.

"battle to the death" corbyn says in a voice as we all laugh.

"or makayla can stay" jonah says as i turn to him with a confused look as he gives me a wide smile. everyone agrees as i look at catherine and austin.

"she can stay-"

"if only she stays on this couch the whole night" ausitn says interrupting catherine.

"austin" she says hitting his arm playfully.

"but don't i need my sleepwear?" i ask.

"makayla" jonah says looking at me.

"what"

"i bet you can survive one day with your normal clothes besides we can bring you clothes in the morning" he says as they all agree.

"fine" i say chuckling.

"i was gonna say you can wear my shirt or something but.." daniel says chuckling.

"oh we brought you some things!" i say getting the bag of gifts. "some ballons" i say handing him the two ballons.

"get well and it's a boy?" he says as we all laugh.

"and something to snack on while you read a exclusive why dont we x makayla collab card" i say chuckling as i hand him goldfish and the card.

"ou goldfish!" he says. we make a bit of conversation as daniel explains what happened to austin and catherine.

"we should get going before the nurse comes again" corbyn says as we all say good night, they all leave as a nurse comes in.

"will you be staying the night?" she asks me.

"yes"

"are you going to sleep on the couch?"

"ye-"

--
1003

--
unedited
--
who do you think interrupts her and what will they say?