Chapter 21

Skylar walked down the streets of New Orleans trying out her new vampire powers, the heightened sights, sounds, smells, when she heard Hayley's voice at the compound, Skylar sped back and walked into the nursery where Hayley was sitting with Hope.

Skylar walked in and sat on Hayley's bed while Hayley sat in a rocking chair with Hope "Thank you, for helping to save her." Hayley said with out looking away from the baby "I've been doing it for months now." Skylar shrugged "Why? If I was in your position I would walk away." Hayley said and looked up at the teen "the thought crossed my mind." Skylar shrugged "Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah are the ones who've screwed me over, not her or you."

"Genevieve told me Esther told the witches to kill you both, they'll start coming for you." Hayley warned "I'll be ready for them." Skylar nodded "If Esther tries to kill anyone I care about, I'll kill her." "Good." Hayley replied "we need a way to hide hope, like a cloaking spell." "I can do one, I need to go back for my pack but I'll do what I can while I'm here." Hayley nodded and Skylar stood up "Thank you." Hayley said while looking at the teen "of corse." Skylar smiled before walking out of the room.

Skylar walked into the office and pulled a bracelet from her bag, one her mother gave her. She started a spell when she sensed another person in the room, she looked up and saw the woman from her mirror, Freya looking at her "what are you doing here?" Skylar asked "A war is coming, be ready to fight." Was all Freya said before she disappeared again. Skylar finished her spell before picking up the bracelet and looking it over "this will protect hope, hide her, I linked the bracelet to a ring, I'll wear the ring and anyone who tries to track it will be sent to me, and I'll kill them." She said to Klaus who was watching her from the door way.

"Marcel told me you died, transitioned into a tribrid." Klaus said as he walked up to the girl "I did." She nodded "so where do you go from here?" He asked "I'm going home, to protect my pack and my town and I'm done being your on call witch. I'll help Kol, Marcel, Hope and Hayley and that's it." Skylar said before walking past him "what of me? Your still my daughter." Klaus asked and she stopped in the door way "biologically you are my father, but beyond that your nothing to me. You made my life hell for the last 16 years, I won't let you do it to me for the rest of my immortal life." She walked away leaving him stunned.

Skylar walked into Hayley's room and handed her the bracelet "It'll protect hope and send anyone looking for her my way, and when they come for me I'll handle them." Hayley took the bracelet and hugged the teen "thank you, I owe you." Skylar smiled and hugged Hayley back "it's okay. Call me if you need anything but I won't help that bastard anymore."

"Hayley." Elijah said from the door and walked away, Skylar walked over to Hopes crib and looked down at the small child who was staring up at her curiously "If you ever need anything I'll always come, I promise." Hope reached out and grabbed Skylar's finger causing the teen to smile, but her smile dropped when she noticed a symbol on both her and hope's right wrists, she looked at hope who's eyes were glowing icey blue, Skylar looked up in the window and saw her eyes were the same color. She flashed out of the compound and to the church where Davina was holding Mikael, when she got there Mikael was alone in the attic.

"Ah the bastards daughter." Mikael smiled "I need information, you know Viking symbols, what is this." Skylar asked and showed him her wrist, the color drained from Mikael's face and he grabbed her wrist "impossible." He whispered "what is it?" Skylar asked as she pulled back her wrist "my wife once told me of a myth, a bond, it wasn't supposed to be real." Mikael whispered "tell me!" Skylar snapped "its the Viking symbol for wolf, but to witches it symbolizes a tribrid bond, a bond between you and the child." Mikael told the girl, she looked at him for a second before flashing away.

She walked back into the compound and saw Klaus watching her, she sped over to him and stopped next to him "Were sending hope away, until we deal with the witches and the Guerrera's." He told her and she nodded "I'll be back in Beacon hills, if they come there me and my pack can deal with them." She said "Skylar I know you don't want to be part of this family but if you ever need it, there is always a place for you here." "I wanted a family Klaus, they just didn't want me." She told him before walking away.

She found Hayley and Elijah sitting in Hayley's  room "there is a mark on Hope's right wrist, I have a matching one, it's a link between us, some magical tribrid link, I died when she was born so the power of me becoming a tribrid and her being born a hybrid linked us." She explained and Elijah nodded "how do you know this?" He asked "it was in one of my grimoires." Skylar lied

That night Skylar and Marcel tracked down a still born baby to trick the wolves into thinking they killed the baby, she grabbed her stuff and Marcel walked her out of the compound "if you need help with being a vampire, call me." Marcel said and Skylar nodded "I love you brother." Skylar said before hugging him "I love you too little sister."

The color of their eyes^

The symbol ^