Chapter 20

Skylar slowly opened her eyes and sat up to see she was sitting in a big yard behind a mansion "what the hell?" She asked, she could tell she was at the Lockwood estate in mystic falls but everything seemed brighter and warmer.

"Where the hell am I?" The teen asked "the other side." A voice replied, Skylar's blood froze when she heard the voice "mom?" She asked and saw Grace standing in front of her, Grace nodded and took a step toward Skylar but the teen took a step back "no, this is Mikael messing with me again isn't it?" She asked while looking around "Jesus Sky you sound as paranoid as your father, you died so your here on the other side, in peace." Skylar looked at Grace for a second, thinking about what she said before running forward and wrapping her arms around her mother.

"I miss you." Was the first thing Skylar managed to say, grace pulled back and put her hands on Skylar's cheeks "I miss you too baby." Grace smiled "I'm so sorry mom, I never meant for any of this to happen, it's all my fault..." "Skylar Carol Lockwood, slow down." Grace said cutting her daughter off "It's okay, and none of this is your fault." Grace promised

"Yes it is, all of them asked me to help the baby but I said no, if I would have said yes..." Skylar ranted but grace cut her off again "Listen to me, I am so proud of you for saying no, you stood up to your father, you stood up for your self."

"Yeah but you're dead because of it, because of me." Skylar said as tears formed in her eyes, grace smiled and took Skylar's hands on her's "Sweetheart I'm not dead because of you, I'm at peace because of you, I get to see my parents again, my uncle Mason, family I haven't seen since before you were born. It breaks my heart that I don't get to see you everyday, but I'm happy being with my family again. In fact come here." Grace lead Skylar into a huge mansion

Inside there was a woman and man sitting in the living room and another pouring himself a glass of whisky "Sky, meet my mom Carol, my dad George and my uncle Mason

Inside there was a woman and man sitting in the living room and another pouring himself a glass of whisky "Sky, meet my mom Carol, my dad George and my uncle Mason." The three looked over and looked at the teen shocked "this is my daughter Skylar." Skylar waved at the people timidly and the woman, carol stood up and hugged her "I've heard so much about you, your as beautiful as your mother said." Carol smiled and Grace smiled back.

George was the next one to walk over, he wrapped his granddaughter in a tight hug which she returned, Mason walked over and smiled before hugging his grandniece "it's great to finally meet you." Skylar was going to reply when a voice cut her off "Skylar!" Marcel's voice echoed, everyone looked up toward the source of the sound "you need to go sweetheart." Grace smiled sadly and Skylar shook her head "No, I want to stay with you."

"I know you do baby." Grace sniffled "but you have to go back, it's not your time." "I don't want to leave you alone." Skylar whispered "I'm not, and we'll see each other again, I promise, just not for a very, very long time." Grace said as tears started to fall, Skylar started to shake her head but Grace continued "I want you to go and have amazing adventures, have children, stay with the pack and help change the world, tell Issac how you feel, and be every bit of your amazing self because you are meant to do amazing things baby girl I promise, and I want you to live your own life, so don't make the same mistake I did, don't help Klaus every time he asks okay?"

Everything started to get brighter and blurry causing Skylar to panic "I love you." Grace said "I love you too." Skylar replied, she opened her eyes and she was lying in the Mikaelson compound with Marcel sitting over her, she shot up and started looking around "Mom?! Mom?!" She called out in a panic "Skylar, Sky, hey." Marcel said trying to calm the teen, she looked over at him and he put his hands on her cheeks "it's okay, your safe." "No." She whispered as she started to cry, Marcel brought her into a hug and she cried into his shoulder.

~

After Skylar had calmed down they walked into the middle of the compound to see a blond woman, a teen witch watching them and a bunch of dead vampires lying on the ground "who are they?" Skylar asked "the blonde is cami and the witch is Davina. Guys this is my sister Skylar." Marcel introduced, the started talking but all Skylar could hear was the blood rushing in their veins "Marcel, what's happening to me?" Skylar asked as the veins under her eyes turned black "your in transition, you need human blood." Marcel explained and Cami walked up "here, use me."

Skylar looked between Cami and Marcel who both nodded before biting into Camis arms and letting the blood flow down her throat, she pulled away and whipped the blood from her chin, she noticed a bite on Marcels neck and offered her arm to heal him, after he was better Skylar looked around "I want to help the baby." Was all she said before speeding away with Marcel following soon after.

When they got to the cemetery Genevieve continued the pain infliction spell to prevent her interference. Just as Monique is about to sacrifice the baby, Skylar used her magic to break the spell Monique's spell causing Klaus, Elijah and Hayley look at her. Marcel threw the Devil's Star at her, which embeds itsef in her stomach. Her body becomes covered in cuts, and she coughs up blood before falling to the ground.

Before they can say anything, Marcel vamp speeds to the baby, and then vamp speeds away with it. Skylar watched them before speeding after Marcel with Klaus following soon after.

When they got to the compound Marcel sat on the fountain and looked down at the baby which started to cry so he handed her off to Skylar, once hope was in her sisters arms she calmed down "May I?" Klaus asked from next to her, Skylar nodded and handed Hope off to their father.

Skylar watched Klaus look at hope with such adoration and love it made her feel sick, she vamp sped away, she sped into the garage of the compound and started to blink away the tears threatening to fall. "Hurts doesn't it? To see him look at her in a way he will never look at you?" A voice asked from the doorway, Skylar whipped around and saw Davina watching her, Skylar growled and then sped over to Davina and then slammed her against the wall "Shut up!" Skylar yelled "You hate your father for never loving you, for making you feel worthless." Davina continued "Stop!" Skylar screamed and all of the lights in the garage exploded.

"We can make Klaus pay, I have a way." Davina told the girl who was on the brink of tears "Nothing is strong enough to make him pay." Skylar denied "Mikael is." Davina said with a smile but it fell when Skylar shook her head "No! Mikael is not an option. And are you stupid? Talking about this in this house, Klaus will kill you if he hears you." "I spelled the room with a silence spell, he'll never know and I already have Mikael ready, I'm doing it with or with out you." Davina said before walking out and leaving the teen to think about what she said.