kenma k. / cute

kenma x shy and short! reader
requested by @Pidge1317
I hope this is what you meant when you said smol reader

———————

'[y/n], you got this! Just confess to Kenma..'

[y/n] was cheering herself on because she finally had the courage to confess to her crush, Kenma. She first saw him in junior high. He was in some of her classes, but she mostly admired him when he was playing volleyball. He was so calm and collected, unlike her.

She was a stuttering, quiet, and short mess. She couldn't do stuff like joining a club, she would probably mess up. She aimed to be more outgoing, but it would always fail. Though, she would always watch Nekoma's practices. It was weird, she wasn't really into the sport. She wasn't into any sport really. She only came for Kenma at first, but slowly the sport started to grow onto her. It was calming and frustrating at the same time.

'I hope he doesn't reject me, who am I kidding? He probably will..'

[y/n] that wasn't that noticeable. She was always in the background. [y/n] was bullied for this a few times in junior high, but it stopped in high school. Though she isn't the best at noticing small details, either. She never notices the small, quick glances that Kenma gives to her, him trying to walk up to her but running away at the last minute, or him almost trying to talk to her.

Kenma had his eye on [y/n] for a while now. Ever since junior high, actually. Kuroo teased him about a lot, but he likes just admiring [y/n] from afar. He's not confident enough to try to confess. Anyway, she probably doesn't like him. Though, Kenma always sees [y/n] during volleyball practice. She's probably only there for someone else. Kenma would hate to admit it, but his first thought of [y/n] was that she was cute.

During today's practice, [y/n] was very nervous. She was thinking about all the bad things that could happen. Like if he rejects her, Kenma not knowing who she is, or her backing out of confessing. [y/n] noticed that Kenma seemed a little off, aiming a little too high or low.

After the practice, [y/n] walks up to Kenma. But, Kuroo blocks her path. He was smirking, knowing [y/n]'s plan. It was obvious that she liked Kenma and Kenma liked her. "Hello~ Are you here for Kenma?"

[y/n] squeaked, how could the captain know her intentions? Actually, he probably already knew from her staring at Kenma nonstop the entire practice. "Y-y-yes!!"

"Well, then, he's by the gate.."

[y/n] squeaked a "thanks", and started to walk towards the gate. Kenma was expecting Kuroo, but when he saw [y/n] he freaked out.

'Kuroo probably sent her here,'

[y/n] was sweating. She was sweating more than she did in PE.

'Alright, just tell him you like him...'

"Um..Kenma...I..reallylikeyou!"

Kenma didn't understand what [y/n] said, but judging by her red face and how she was waiting for a response he knew that
[y/n] just confessed to him.

"I...um...like you too.." Kenma whispered.

[y/n] heard it, and smiled. She was relieved that he liked her too. But, unknown to both of them, the entire volleyball team was stalking them. Kenma and [y/n] was in for a long day of teasing the next day.