Chapter Four

As they left dispatch Grell was persistent, refusing to let go of Williams hand the entire time; proceeding to flirt with him, like always- the male doing his best to ignore her and focus on the job.
      "There's 23 people on this list Sutcliff, can we please actually go look for the first one? Instead of this.. "Romantic walking" bullshit?" Spears whined Grell's grip only tightening- her red nails digging slightly into his skin.
      "No." She answered simply and bluntly, her eyes flickering to him. She then leaned in closer to the brunet Shinigami, laying her head onto his shoulder in an endearing way;
     "I want to enjoy our time together William. " The male sighed but kept his mouth shut, the woman stated if he just went along with her for today, she'd leave him alone, it was just one day of suffering for an entire life of calm, this was fine-.
      "Oooh! Will, look! A cute little Café!! We should stop there dear! Please~" Before he could even answer she pulled him towards the small shop forcefully,
      "Sutcliff! Really?!" The red woman then stopped abruptly with a sigh.
      "Can you at least pretend your enjoying yourself? I just want one day... Is that really too much to ask from you?" Her tone was solemn, and quiet; Will opened his mouth to speak, then shut it again causing Grell to sigh, letting his hand free from her grip;
      "There's alot of work to do.." She mumbled and began walking once more- a few strides in front of her superior. Will blinked, was he seeing this correctly? He followed her without a word, Grell's arms were crossed over her chest and there was a neat frown across her features, her brows were also knitted together; a sigh was yanked from Spears lips.
      "Sutcliff." He received no answer.
      "Sutcliff?" No response.
      "Grell-"
      "What!?" Her voice was loud, and she turned sharply on her heels, her arms angrily dropping to her sides.
      "What do you want William?"
He blinked flabbergasted- He was silent, he had frustrated her that was clear- he honestly didn't think that was possible with her cheerful- overbearing nature; he'd found a new side of her.
       After a minute of him just standing there in utter silence Grell gave an annoyed growl and turned around her hair flipping in the brunets face as she began to walk once more. He followed and they both walked, in silence.
      William enjoyed the quiet, and if he was being completly honest he didn't think Sutcliff was even capable of being quiet- however it seemed he was proved wrong; though as the silence went on he did begin to worry about the red maiden.
      "Grell." His voice was soft and gentle- differing from his usual cold tone. The redhead didn't answer him, and so he did the unthinkable. Spears caught up with Grell's strides and slid an arm around her shoulders, getting close to her ear,
      "Silent treatment, hm?" He purred in her ear, similarly to how she had done to him in the past; he expected her to melt- to crack, to have some pleasant reaction at all that would make her mood better, but instead- he received the opposite; she shoved him- and rather harshly as well.
      "Don't fuck with me!" People around them stopped walking.
      'Great, she's going to make a scene..'
      "This entire day I just wanted to spend just a little time with you! I wanted you to have a good time! And... And.. and You didn't, and now you're toying with me! You! You're so-" She growled under her breath.
      "You're so arrogant!" She finished giving the male one last shove before she took off in a sprint. The people around them shook their heads at him, some even whispering things, and all Will could do was stand there; Grell's expression lingering in his mind, her brows were furrowed her eyes were strained- she looked exhausted, and there were tears forming- they slid down her cheeks when she stormed off, though she angrily wiped them.
      "Seems like You're in denial." That voice.. William recognised that voice anywhere- that disgusting, vile..
       "Demon.." He turned towards Michaelis with a fowl expression.
       "It is absolutely none of your business. " The rest of the crowd that had gathered around Sutcliff's scene has moved on, it was only the two of them now, Shinigami, and Demon.
       "Where's your master.. And why isn't he with you?" The raven haired man raised a brow.
       "My master has a date arranged with his Fiancé, I'm off to retrieve groceries." He produced a list from his coat pocket.
       "Though I have time to converse. I'm never late. " The Shinigami nodded,
       "Right... Well I do not have the time."
       "Surely you do, your companion has left you- "
       "Sutcliff is not my companion-"
       "I'd disagree, he was walking with his head on your shoulder, not only that but your little fight sure looked like a lovers qurral."
      "I-"
He didn't have any words.
      "So how about a short chat?" The demon gave a gut wrenching smile.
       "No. I'd rather impail myself with Sutcliff's scythe. " he then turned and walked away from the raven, Sebastians smile falling flat.
       "The red Shinigami haunts your thoughts, you can't deny it. " William scoffed stopping dead in his tracks- though when he turned around the demon was already gone. He shifted foreward once more with a shaky breath, adjusting is glasses as he moved foreward.
       "Now.. If i were Sutcliff.. Where would I go-?" He thought carefully to himself, she could be anywhere really, anyplace.. Or perhaps.. He stopped walking once again.
       "What would Grell do when she's upset?" Now that he actually said it out loud, he wasn't sure- he'd never seen Grell truly upset, he doesn't think anyone has.. Well until he did a few minutes ago, then it clicked.
       "No one has ever seen her upset.. Because she doesn't let anyone see.. She's at her home. " The brunet then made a turn around sprinting through the crowd a quiet,
        "Exscuse me," leaving his lips here and there.
       Once he arrived at the womans flat- he began to wonder how stupid this was, she was angry at him and probably would rather talk to anybody else at this exact moment- he raised his hand to knock and then dropped it with a sigh. William ran his hands though his hair and pushed up his glasses setting his spear down.
        Then after a moment he knocked.