Chapter Three

Grell plopped down at her desk with a grunt, she was not pleased by the idea of work- ever since she had found a new interest she hadn't. Her days had so little time- yet there was oh so much she had to do and so many things she wanted to do, and fitting them all in sixteen hours was difficult. She sighed tapping her fingers along the wood before pulling out some death reports she never got around to finishing, spreading the papers across the wooden surface.

William was in a very tired state of mind, he had been up until four a.m. and he had to awake at Five a.m. to be back at the dispatch at Six- that was only one hour of sleep, and the Shinigami was suffering the consequences. Sutcliff had brought him a coffee which improved his exhausted state, however he still felt as if he could collasp at any given time, he did wonder though, why exactly Grell had brought him the coffee, he knew the Vermillion reaper would have known that he would've been tired- as she was also at dispatch late the night before. Though he did wonder how the red lady wasnt exhausted herself.
Truth be told Grell was exhausted, even with her papers spread across her desk, she couldn't focus properly, her eyes continuing to go in and out of focus on the small lettering in front of her normally steady gaze. The women gave an irritable sigh, leaning back in her office chair with a huff, her arms crossing over her chest,
"This is simply impossible!" She whined standing from her chair. She got many groans and shaking of heads in return, though she ignored them and stalked back to her superiors office- not even knocking, instead she just bursted in sitting herself literally, on top of William's desk earning a flabbergasted look from the brunet.
"What on earth are you doing Sutcliff?!" He exclaimed his eyes shifting up to meet her own,
"You need a day off. " She said as if it were that simple.
"I can't take a day off- are you mad?! I'm already behind enough, and would you please get off my desk?!" He was irritated, that was clear but Grell didn't seem to care, just huffing in response.
"Willy- do you remember our time in the academy?" She asked out of the blue looking over her freshly painted nails before locking her eyes onto Spear's own.
"How could i forget when you constantly bring it up?" He replied still attempting to shoo the women off of his desk.
"Wasn't it thrilling? C'mon even if you don't take a day off.. At least come collect souls with me~ pleeaaassee dear~" She leaned forward wrapping her lengthy arms loosely around the others neck so their faces were inches apart,
"That way at least I'll be doing my job- and... If you do- I'll leave you alone from then on- what do you say?~" Grell purred out. William then pushed back against his desk, his wheeled chair shifting backwards- as he attempted to get out of the others grip, though she didn't let him, pulling him even closer to her, before he peeled her arms off of him.
"That's a ridiculous idea." He replied raising a brow at her in an annoyed manner.
"Well I'm not leaving until you agree." She huffed crossing her arms over her chest once more- in a stubborn action, the male groaned at this information and rubbed his hands over his face with a louder groan.
"You know what- Fine, " he threw his hands up in defeat and stood.
"But i swear to the high heavens if you don't at least do some actual work- I'll leave you in a ditch somewhere, understood Sutcliff?" He asked adjusting his glasses, the woman gave a satisfied hum, clapping her hands together as she hopped off her superior's desk, proceeding to grab his hand and drag him out of his dreary office.
"Understood! It's a date then!" She gave a giggle earning an eye roll from the other.
"Not a date. Work, it's work-"
"Let me dream Will!" She interrupted, stopping only so they could both grab their death sythes and the to- die lists.
"I still don't understand how you got away with those modifications..." Will complained but Grell just shrugged.
"Who knows~ let's go collect some souls, shall we, Willy~ "
"Mm... Please don't call me "Willy" Sutcliff."
"Please call me Grell~"
"Not going to happen."
"Well, there's your answer then." She huffed taking ahold of Will's hand interlocking their fingers rather tightly so Will couldn't pull away- no matter how much he wanted to, and they left dispatch, their day together beginning.