Oh Merlin

This Chapter is dedicated to MyStory25 for being an awesome fan and I appreciate you a lot and this is the way I say thank you MyStory25

***********************************************************************************************

Lily, Mia and Rory all looked at me and my howler in shock. It was already heating up and I knew even if I didn't open it, it wouldn't make a difference.

"RUN FOR IT!" Screamed Mia and Rory together catching the attention of most of Gryffindor and lots of other houses too.

Without being needed to be told twice I turned and stood up but to my horror I tripped over my school robe causing me to lose my grip on the letter which flew upwards and turned red, the same shade my aunt went when she was ready to explode. Shite. Then suddenly my aunt Jewel's screeching voice came out. 

"SCARLETT ANNABELLE MARIE JACK DIXON! I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE ASHAMED OF YOU IN MY WHOLE LIFE. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY. HOW DARE YOU! YOU WERE SORTED IN TO GRYFFINDOR! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING ME! OUR ENTIRE FAMILY HAS BEEN IN SLYTHERIN BUT YOU ENDED UP IN GRYFFINDOR. GO TO DUMBLEDORE IMMEDIATELY, I DEMAND YOU GET RE-SORTED TO SLYTHERIN."

The entire hall was staring at me and the howler. I flashed an awkward smile.

"SCARLETT DIXON YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE. IF YOU DON'T GET INTO SLYTHERIN BY THE END OF THE DAY I WILL CUT ALL TIES I EVER HAD WITH YOU AND YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY. YOU WILL NEVER EVER SEE ME OR TALK TO ME AGAIN. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE NOBLE FAMILY OF DIXON. WE, WHO HAVE THE PUREST BLOOD. ADDITIONALLY ON TOP OF THE GRYFFINDOR ISSUE I HEAR THAT YOU HAVE BEEN BEFRIENDING MUD-BLOODS. HOW DARE YOU EVEN TALK TO ONE.?! THEY ARE THE FILTH OF THE EARTH! VERMIN, THEY DON'T EVEN DESERVE TO LIVE. I WILL DEFINITELY NOT INCLUDE YOU IN MY WILL."

Stupid prejudiced hag. I hated- no that's not a strong enough word, absolutely detested my aunt Jewel, but why she thought otherwise was still a mystery to me. I had many times tried to express my obvious displeasure in being in her presence but she didn't notice. 

 "I NEVER WANT YOU TO SET FOOT INTO MY HOUSE EVER AGAIN."

"With pleasure," I said. I heard a few laughs at that.

"I SWEAR TO YOU IF YOU GO ONE STEP FURTHER, I WILL HAVE YOU DISOWNED FROM THE FAMILY. I CAN DO IT WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PARENTS' PERMISSION. I WILL LEAVE YOU TO GO DIE ON THE STREETS. THEN YOU WILL REGRET BEING IN SLYTHERIN AND MAKING FRIENDS WITH THOSE FILTHY MUDBLOODS." She shrieked maliciously, and with that the letter went up in flames, turned black and ended up as several pieces of crumpled paper on the floor.

"Well that was cheerful," I said loudly and my voice echoed through the silence of the hall. Some more eople erupted in laughter at my comment. Others just looked at me shocked at how I could make a joke when I had just been threatened to be disowned. 

The tension stooped down and people began to chatter though I was the main source of entertainment. Great, the one thing I didn't need. I try not to stand out but it happens anyway, I blame my acne-free skin - everyone else must be envious of it.

"Scarlett are you alright?" Lily asked concerned.

I laughed "Never better, I hate the old hag, she's such a prejudiced bashee . 'Purebloods this and purebloods that', she believes in all that purebloods are the kings of the world shit.  It's complete cow pat. I have been waiting for weeks for this. I knew she would go nuts when she found out I'm in Gryffindor. She forgot to mention my parents but then they didn't go to Hogwarts so yeah."

"Then I suppose it's ok for me to say that I don't like her much," Lily said with a grimace

"Don't worry, few do," I replied returning a smile. I noticed someone staring at me. It was Sirius Black and he had a thoughtful look on is face. Hmm that's a surprise,  I never knew he could think.