Love the way you lie • Bryles

Start from the beginning

I run to the washroom and close the door hard. I wash my face, and look at myself in the mirror. Why do I care so much about whoever he likes or not?? Myles is right in some way - his love life is none of my business. But Sasha, the girl he was flirting with, is very pretty. And that kind of made me a bit jealous. Only a bit though.

I'm glad no one can hear my thoughts. So glad. I'd rather die than admit I'm jealous of the girls Myles flirts with. It kills me inside. I can't stand him, but don't want him to be anyone else's. Weird, I know.

My face is red, and my throat hurts from yelling at him.

"Briar," I hear someone knocking on the door "is everything alright?" It's my best friend, Cierra.

"Yeah, I'm okay don't worry."

She opens the door and enters, along with Tessa and Serena.

"You guys fought again didn't you?" I nod. We did fight again. Honestly our fights are getting more and more tiring...

"What was the reason this time?" Serena asks.

"He was flirting with Sasha" I simply say.

They sigh "Bri when are you going to admit that you like him??"

"I don't!"

"Then why would you be jealous about him and Sasha?" Cierra asks.

I sigh "Because... because Sasha will hurt him."

"Keep telling yourself that..."

"Let's go, we have to rehearse our new routine, and the choreographer is already waiting for us"

Myles Point Of View

We're all in Studio 1, which is the biggest of our dance company, waiting for Allain to start the rehearsal. I'm talking to Devon, Isaac and Conor about college. I honestly still don't know if I should go to college after I graduate, but I still have plenty of time to think about that (and by plenty of time I mean a few months).

All I do know is that I love dancing, and I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon.

I feel some sort of... presence looking at me. I look around and find Briar glaring at me. Briar and her typical glares. Though this time she has a pretty stern look on her face, as she walks past me. Sometimes I wonder she'll ever be able to kill me with her eyes. I better be prepared.

The thing is, I don't get why she's so pissed off. I didn't do anything wrong, I complimented Sasha's body, but that was about it and even if it was anything further than that, it's none of her business. It's not like she's my mother or girlfriend. It's not like I'm hers.

The choreographers brought new dance moves for a new routine. It is harder than usual, but I love challenging myself so I don't really mind. Everyone seems to be catching up well, ones better than the others, but there's nothing we can't work on.

When it's the ten minute break time, everyone starts chatting, drinking their waters, wiping their sweat off with towels, the usual. Everyone except for me, because I decide to go through the choreo once again, just to make sure it's good enough.

I dance, while watching my steps through the mirror. But then something distracts me. Through the mirror, I see Briar talking to Justin, a guy of our team. She is laughing while touching his shoulder. Huh?

Then he leans closer to her, and I tense up. He reaches her ear and whispers something. Briar laughs harder and lays her hands on his arms. Is he really that funny?

"Myles! Bro!" I hear a voice, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turn around and see Isaac "Yeah?"

"Do you wanna come with the guys and get a drink?"