Party for the Kings

Comenzar desde el principio

            Although the party was alive, as much as it could be, Fernanda needed some relief from the stuffy room; she went out into the balcony. It was dark and all alone, or so she thought. She leaned over, putting her elbows on the ledge and unpinned her hair to let it fly with the wind.

            “Unbelievable” She said to herself thinking about her broken family. Her hair flew across her face and around her neck to her shoulder.

            “Truly,” she jumped back startled by the voice that came from next to her. And like her, he leaning on the ledge. He looked at her sideways with a smirk, “Sorry.”

As she bundled her hair to the other side, she noticed his eyes that were white and gentle yet with a sad and crazy feeling, even more with is dark colored clothing. His black hair and dark features made him seem unapproachable, but his body language and expressions said he was lonely. Fernanda knew it was the king, Damon was his name, of course he was a vampire he had those eyes that could hypnotize you without him even knowing.

            With a look that could kill of envy, she said, “And you know exactly what is unbelievable?”

            “You,” he said smiling. Then with a small sigh he stood straight and extended his hand to her, “If I could get a name to go with those beautiful eyes that keep staring… that would be great.”

            When she got a good look at him, it clicked; she took his hand and made small bowl, “Fernanda Dupree, your majesty.”

            “So you know who I am?” he asked a little surprised that she could recognize him in such low light.

            “Of course, if I didn’t it would be an insult. Don’t you agree your majesty?”

            “I suppose so. But please call me--” Damon didn’t get to finish his sentence, because someone came rushing through the door. To her expectation it was her sister but to her surprise it was someone else, a man. Damon then let go her hand, she hadn’t realized he was still holding.

            Constance was a bit out of breath, she looked rushed yet a little relieved as if she had found what she was looking for. The man was a bit out of breath too but unlike her, he looked happy. Then breathlessly they both said. “There you are!”

“I have been looking for you. You just ran off and mother got furious. Father actually thought you had ran off with-”

            “You are being rude sister” Fernanda half yelled to end her sister’s rambling, and because she was about to insult the king. “Your majesty, this is my sister Constance. Please pardon her rudeness.”

            Both girls bowled to the king. “Twins?” Damon asked them with a curious look.

 Constance nodded and was about to apologize for being rude, but the man next to Constance waved it off, by saying “It’s fine really; we should apologize for keeping you from your family. I don’t mind at all if you wish to go.”

            “You are too kind. Come along now.” Constance said starting to walk back in, and tugging at her sister’s arm, but Fernanda resisted, holding her ground.

            “I don’t want to go back in, I-I mean it is your majesty’s party. It would be our honor to keep company, if your majesties wished it so.” Fernanda said looking in to the king’s wonderfully lusting eyes. She wanted to stay and take advantage of the king’s attention; she wanted him to want her and to take her away, like she had always dreamt of.