* n i n e t e e n *

You had no time to recover.

Lady Tamayo said she and Yushiro must relocate, since Muzan now knew of their location. Thankfully, she wasn't called a doctor for nothing. Her medicines and Blood Demon Arts helped tremendously with mending your hand, forearm, and back. Of course, you were in no state to fight, but the healing process would be sped up over the course of the next few days.

You and Tanjiro decided to leave the following morning, to decrease your chances of encountering demons.

"I wish you the best for your coming battles," said Lady Tamayo. "Goodbye, now. We will leave after erasing all traces of us from this place. You three should hurry along."

You bowed your head. "Thank you for all you've done." Nezuko (having slept and rejuvenated) padded up to the woman and embraced her in a hug, before shrinking and retreating inside the wooden box. Lady Tamayo smiled.

"Tanjiro."

The boy turned when Yushiro spoke.

"Your sister..." Yushiro trailed off and scratched the back of his head. "She is a great beauty."

You held in a laugh at this turn of events, while Tanjiro beamed at the compliment.

Ah, you found yourself thinking. If only someone were to call me a beauty.

Little did you know, your wishful thinking would come true -- though, those words wouldn't be said by the person you wanted...

About half an hour or so away from the outskirts of the city, your crow (along with Tanjiro's) landed before you on the dirt path in a flurry of wingbeats and flaps. Their unsettling, beady eyes stared right into yours as they screeched,

"SOUTH SOUTH-EAST! SOUTH SOUTH-EAST! THE NEXT LOCATION IS SOUTH SOUTH-"

"-EAST!" you cut in angrily, clutching your ears sensitively. The burst eardrum had healed for the most part, but it still bothered you from time to time. "Now will you shut your beaks? Not all of us have the patience of a rock!" You were referring to Tanjiro, who seemed mildly annoyed by the noise but lacked your quick temper.

"PLEASE!"

You jumped. Tanjiro nor either of the crows had said that.

Oh.

You must've been spaced out, because until the stranger shouted 'please,' you hadn't even noticed him in the middle of the road.

He had strange, yellow-orange locks of disheveled hair. A cloak that matched the yellow hue of it sat upon his shoulders, and beneath the cloak was the Demon Slayer uniform.

Another Demon Slayer. What are the odds?

Then you processed what was actually happening, and the fact that he was crumpled pitifully on the ground, sobbing loudly, and embracing a frightened-looking girl as if his life depended on it.

"I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL DIE!" he wailed, an alarming amount of tears and snot running down his face. "SO PLEASE MARRY ME! I BEG YOU~~"

Why would this sniveling baby of a swordsman seem familiar to me?

You sighed. He was giving you a bad case of second-hand embarrassment.

A small sparrow swooped in front of Tanjiro and chirped four or five times — funnily enough, Tanjiro seemed to have listened to it intently. He then stomped forward and yanked the back of the boy's cloak, pulling him off the poor girl. You snickered. "What the hell are you doing in the middle of the road?!" Tanjiro demanded. "Can't you see that the lady doesn't want this?! And you're bothering your sparrow, too!"