11

ANOTHER FLASHBACK

"thanks for coming," darius says before closing his front door.

it was a month before graduation, also darius' birthday, and he could've had a birthday party or a graduation party, and since carson was throwing a graduation party, he went with a birthday party.

darius turned to his friends and examined the mess that was made throughout the house.

"tomorrow morning?" he asks them.

they all nod.

"we can all share the guest room like we did last time?" darius suggests.

"that's fine with me. i'm just tired and my phone is about to die, so, let's figure it out quickly," mackenzie laughs.

"i feel bad for leaving your house a mess, darius," annie says to him.

"mhm, it's fine. we just have to clean it tomorrow. i'd rather have it done the day after when we're all energized rather than tonight when we're all tired and it gets done half-assed," darius explains.

asher laughs, "half-assed," he repeats.

hayden shakes his head in disappointment.

"kenzie and i call the bed!" johnny shouts putting mackenzie in his back. he ran to the guest room with mackenzie in his back.

joey not to far behind them.

the three got into the room and began laughing.

"you're fast johnny," joey says.

"tell me about it," mackenzie says getting off his back and patting his shoulder.

"am i third wheeling, again?" joey asks.

"not if one of the others come in here," mackenzie shrugs.

"so, yes," joey laughs.

"what'd you expect? i think brynn and carson will probably come up here, because darius, nadia, hayden, and lauren, are all sharing darius' room, and asher and annie are sleeping downstairs," mackenzie explains.

later that night

mackenzie was feels a hand grab hers, she assumes it's johnny's so she doesn't think much of it.

she turns to look at johnny, but his hands are under his head like a pillow.

her hand is still being held, she slowly turned back around, pretending to be asleep, and realizes it's joey.

she doesn't move, she was interested in what he was doing.

he was downloading life360 and sharing her location with him. meaning, he would have all tabs on mackenzie.

mackenzie stayed still, in fear of what be may do if he saw her awake. joey creeped mackenzie out since they first met, but never said anything.

"goodnight mackenzie, i love you," joey says kissing her forehead.

mackenzie mentally gags.

"and one day, when you and johnny break up, you can come to me," joey says to her.

"what the fuck joey!" mackenzie shouts.

joey freezes, johnny, brynn, and carson wake up.

"what's wrong?" brynn asks.

"joey's being weird," mackenzie says.

"am not!" joey shouts.

"then what do you call this," mackenzie opens her phone and shows them the app joey installed.

"bro what is wrong with you?" brynn asks.

"i- i-," joey stutters.

"you're so creepy. and you're like, obsessed with kenzie. you know i'm dating her, right?" johnny asks grabbing mackenzie's hand.

"i was just trying to be a good friend and look out for her," joey explains, "if anything happened to her, i'd die." he says.

carson rolls his eyes, "i think you should leave," carson says.

"m- mackenzie," joey looks at her with puppy dog eyes.

"yeah, no. get the fuck out," mackenzie says harshly.

joey sighs, he gets his things and makes his way out of the house.