3

the group arrives at the beach house. it's pretty big.

they beat hayden, carson, darius, and nadia there, which meant they got first dibs on the bedrooms.

"yes! i got that biggest room in the house!" lauren shouts running out of one of the bedrooms.

"so happy for you," johnny says sarcastically.

"since there's only six rooms, some of us have to share," annie explains.

"obviously i'll room with cars-," mackenzie cuts brynn off.

"actually, brynn, you can room with me," mackenzie smiles.

"don't you want to room with johnny?" lauren asks confused.

"not for the first night, we're going to be here all month, i might need my, uh- space," mackenzie says scratching the back of her head.

"uh huh," annie says suspiciously.

"so i gusss i'm with hayden, i'm not rooming with carson," johnny shakes his head.

"asher and i. nadia and darius. hayden and johnny. mackenzie and brynn. and lauren gets her own room, unless one of you want your own room. there's one left," annie explains.

"nope. i'm good with brynn," mackenzie says grabbing brynn's arm.

brynn looks at her and gives her an awkward smile.

"kenzie, brynn, a word?" annie says looking at the girls.

the three girls walk into what would be brynn and mackenzie's room for the month.

"johnny's such a good boyfriend, right mackenzie?" annie asks her.

"...of course he is," mackenzie smiles awkwardly.

"he's better than asher, even annie agrees," brynn says.

mackenzie just nods slowly.

"and doesn't he make you so happy?" annie asks.

"yeah, why wouldn't he-," annie cuts her off.

"cut the shit mackenzie," annie says.

"we know something happened between you and johnny. you'd be better off just telling us, because if not, we're going to go snooping," brynn explains.

mackenzie sighs and sits on one of the beds, "fine, johnny and i are on a break," mackenzie says.

brynn and annie exchange looks, "why?" they both ask.

"personal problems," mackenzie nods.

"to personal to tell us?" brynn asks.

mackenzie nods.

"since when was anything in your life to personal to tell us?" annie asks, sounding offended.

"i didn't mean it like that, annie," mackenzie assures her.

"then what'd you mean it by?" annie asks crossing her arms.

mackenzie didn't answer.

"you know, it seems like ever since you started dating johnny, everything became to 'personal' to tell us," annie air quotes the word.

"annie-," mackenzie starts.

"i think i just heard carson and them pull in to the driveway," annie says leaving the room.

brynn looks at mackenzie and frowns, "when you're ready to talk, i'm here, and so is she. she's just upset right now," brynn says patting mackenzie's shoulder.

annie's words played back in mackenzie's mind.

she had closed herself off from everyone else except for johnny. she felt bad, she really did. and she wanted to tell them why they're on a break, but she couldn't get the words out.

-

"mack z!" darius says walking up and hugging her.

"i've missed you too, darius," mackenzie says laughing.

hayden walks up to them, "is it just me or is the energy in the house very off," hayden questions.

"hmm," darius looks around at his friends, "just you," darius shrugs.

"why aren't you with johnny? or brynn? or annie? did something happen?" hayden asks mackenzie.

"no, i just wanted to say hi to you guys. is that such a problem hayden? me saying hi to my friends?" mackenzie asks pretending to get defensive.

"chill out princesskenzieboo13," hayden snickers.

mackenzie rolls her eyes at him and goes to sit down.

"we're here," nadia says, "now what?" she asks.

"now, we have fun!" annie smiles.

"last time you said that, you got drunk?" lauren reminds her.

"well i'm not getting drunk this time. my parents locked away all of the alcohol," annie explains, "anyways, the people who live down the street are throwing a party tomorrow, i think we should go!" annie suggests.

"i'm down," lauren shrugs.

"i second that idea," darius says.

everyone else agrees on going, except for mackenzie and brynn.

"i might sit this one out, not in a party mood," mackenzie smiles.

"me neither. sorry guys," brynn says.

annie frowns, but soon realizes why brynn decided to stay.

"well, if you change your mind, let me know," annie says happily.

KENDALL SPEAKS!
i just had cheer practice for five hours
my feet hurt