n i n e.

p a y t o n.

I look up the steps to his door, and shakingly walk up and knock.

I know he doesn't want to see me. We have spoke each other since the day my mom cut my cheek, and I ran away. I hope he doesn't hate me for coming here..

I change my attention to the necklace I was holding in my hand and rub my fingers over it. I trace over the amethyst stone, taking it off the chain when the door opens.

A woman with dirty blonde hair, curly, hazel eyes and a load ton of freckles which somehow complemented her features. She really did look like a model.

Well duh.. this is Harry's finance. The one he left you for. The one he broke his promise for.

"Can I help you?" She asked in an annoyed voice.

"O-oh yeah. I'm a friend from college and we met up a while back and I've been tryin to track him down because he dropped his class ring." I handed her his ring he had given me.

"Babe!" She screeched behind her

"Oh no it's really not that big of a deal. I have to get going."

"Yeah? Who was at the door?" He asked walking up behind 'Elizabeth' wrapping his arms around her from behind. He looked up at me and his eyes widened.

"A friend from college. She said you dropped your ring last time you hung out. She's dropping it off. Wasn't that so sweet of her?" He hadn't looked away from me since he looked up.

"V-very sweet. Thank you Payton." He nodded his head towards me.

He's nervous. Good maybe if he didn't cheat on his soon to be wife we wouldn't be in this sticky situation.

"Yeah.." I muttered. I went to turn around to leave but I felt a hand on my arm.

"Why don't you come in? Stay for awhile! Have some tea, I just put a pot on." Elizabeth asked smiling at me. " I want to get to know you. Maybe we could be friends."

Yeah right..

"I really should be going." She shook her head still smiling.

"Nonsense. Come in make yourself at home. You look really young. How old are you?" She asked ushering me into the house and closing the door behind me.

"I'm 19. I graduated highschool really early and got into college pretty much right after that." I lied and she nodded as she poured me a cup of tea and handed Harry a cup also.

Did I mention he was sitting insanely close to me? I need space he needs to back away.

"Aw really! You must be incredibly smart!" Isn't she just so thrilling?

"I guess you could say that.." not smart enough if I thought such a sweet and good looking person like Harry was single.

"Are you graduating with Harry next year?" She asked sitting across from us.

"Oh no. I'll be a junior at the end of the summer."

"Really! How did you guys meet." I looked over at Harry and he looked deep in thought. His eyes weren't showing any emotions.

I saw him take out his phone, and stand up.

"I just remembered I have to call my boss. I completely forgot. Excuse me." He has a job?

"Go ahead babe." She giggled and he pressed a kiss to her forehead. I wanted to cry right here, right now. He knows how much he hurt me and yet here we are.

My phone rings and I see Harry's name pop up.

"I have to take this. It's my mom." She nodded and i stepped out of the room.

"What?" I growled pressing the phone to my ear.

"You need to leave." I rolled my eyes and looked up the steps seeing Harry talking on his phone.

"Tell that to your girlfriend. She made me stay."

"You could have said no!"

"I fucking did sis. Quit yelling at me. You did this to yourself." I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry but I need to be going. My mom needs me at home, my dad uh had a heart attack." I'm not a very good liar so hopefully this works.

"Aw, well it was fun while it lasted. Maybe we could get together sometime soon!" She ran over to me and engulfed me into her arms.

Yeah right..

I waved bye and left without uttering a word to Harry.

And that was the last time I saw him until I walked into his class.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*
"Baby?" I heard Harry asked as I made breakfast.

"Kitchen!" I yelled flipping the pancake on the skillet.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind and kiss my shoulder.

"How are you beautiful?" I smiled and set a pancake on a plate, and turned off the stove.

I turned around, and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing his cheek.

"Im doing pretty good now."

"Where do your parents think you are?" He asked rubbing the small of my back.

"Enid's with the girls." I replied giving him a kiss on his lips.

"Ohh, go get ready for school." He said pulling away from my imbrace, giving me another peck.

"Okayyy." I was walking out the kitchen door when he whistled at me.

"Looking mighty fine in my clothes." My face heated up and I turned around with my eyes wide.

"Oh my God Harold!" I squealed as he ran up to me and spun me around.

"Nevermind don't change. You look beautiful just the way you are."