Chapter Five

"Welcome to Gotham Academy." Tim muttered under his breath as the family car pulled up outside their school, chugging the rest of his coffee. "Or, as I like to call it, hell."

"Don't say my name in vain." Helena swatted Tim's shoulder, getting out of the car along with the rest of the siblings. She turned to Jason and Damian with a small smile. "Do you want me to show you to the office? Its the same for middle and high school."

"Sure, thanks." The other siblings went their separate ways as Helena led Jason and Damian through the crowd, eyes on them the whole time. Jason felt uncomfortable, subconsciously pulling Damian closer to him and stepping towards Helena.

Helena noticed this and smiled, making sure to walk slow enough that her brothers could keep pace with her. They maneuvered their way through the hallways, stopping outside a doorway marked 'Office'. Helena turned to Jason and Damian, gesturing for them to go through first. Once inside, she sauntered up to the front desk with the two of them trailing behind her. "Hey Kim, these are my brothers Jason and Damian Al Ghul-Wayne. They are starting today. Can you set them up with their schedules?"

The secretary glanced up at the siblings before pulling up two sheets of paper and handing them across the desk. She went right back to typing, not saying a single word. Jason and Helena looked at each other before walking out of the office with Damian. The three siblings looked down at the two schedules, one for a seventh grader and one for sophomore. Jason silently cheered, glad they had the same lunch time. Helena peered over their shoulders, glancing at Jason's face. "You have the same lunch as the rest of us. You can some sit with us. I mean, if you want."

Jason shrugged. "I doubt we will find anyone else to sit with."

Damian poked Jason's ribs. "Speak for yourself, I bet I am amazing at making friends."

Jason chuckled, ruffling Damian's hair with a smirk. "Sure you are. Now come on, we gotta go to class." Damian's face soured. "Oh, not so excited now, are we?"

"Shut up."

The trio made their way towards the middle school building, Helena unspokenly deciding to show her brothers where their classes were, starting with Damian. They walked into the building and down some hallways, stopping outside Damian's homeroom classroom. She turned to the youngest Wayne with a small smile. "This is where we leave you. If you need anything-"

"I won't."

"If you do, you have our numbers. We are just a text away. I had all of your teachers before, they know the family and are all pretty nice. Don't worry, you'll be okay." Helena surprised Damian by pulling him into a quick hug, kissing his hair. "Have a good first day. Be careful, Gothamites can be...intense."

Jason just nudged Damian's shoulder with his fist, nodding his head at him. "You're gonna be fine. Knock em dead. But not literally, you know that, right?"

Damian rolled his eyes. "You're acting as if you're my mother. Please, I'll be okay. Go to your own class, you delinquent."

Jason smirked at Damian as the youngest Wayne slipped into the classroom, leaving Jason and Helena to walk back to the high school. Helena showed him to his homeroom before promising to check in throughout the day, making Jason's insides feel all warm and fuzzy as his sister walked away, leaving him to go inside his classroom.

Jason took a deep breath before walking inside, surprised to see Tim sitting in the back row. He was hesitant, unsure if his brother would want him sitting next to him when Tim noticed him standing awkwardly in the doorway. Tim waved his hand, gesturing to the empty seat next to him. Jason sighed in relief, making his way to his brother and taking the seat gratefully.

"Hey Jason, I forgot you were in tenth grade like me." Tim smiled coolly, turning to the boy on his other side. "This is my brother Jason. Jason, this is Kon El." The two teens waved at each other. Tim grinned wider, about to say more when the teacher walked in and began roll call. He decided to whisper to Jason instead. "I assume Hel told you to text us if you need anything?"

"Yeah, she also told Dami and I we could sit with you at lunch?" Tim nodded. "Cool."

"Let me see your schedule." Jason handed over the piece of paper and Tim scanned in, eyes widening. "You're in AP English already? Damn dude."

"What does that mean?"

"Its the most advanced course, you get college credits for it. Sophomores usually can't take it, but I guess you're the exception." The teacher finished roll call and the bell rang, making Tim grab his bag and turn to Jason. "We have chemistry together before lunch, I'll see you there. You're next class is just across the hall. The teacher is really nice, you'll love it."Jason nodded, grabbing his own bag before making his way through the crowd to his World Governments class across the hall.

Mother would love to tear into this teacher. Jason winced at the thought, taking a seat in the middle of the room. The class quickly filled up, a red haired boy taking the seat next to Jason and immediately pulling his phone out. Jason was tempted to do the same, but thought better of it as the teacher walked in and saw the phone. "Mr. Harper, put your phone away. Every day, the same thing. When will you learn?"

"When you make the class interesting, teach." The teen drawled, still looking at his phone.

The teacher rolled his eyes and began roll call. "...Jason Al Ghul-Wayne?"

Before Jason could say here, the boy's eyes lit up and he turned to Jason with a surprised expression. "Al Ghul as in Talia Al Ghul? The terrorist?"

Jason narrowed his eyes, nodding his head, unsure whether it was wise or not to admit that. "What's it to you?"

The teen slid his phone into his pocket, a smirk making its way onto his face. "Nothing, I just wanted to thank you for finally making this class interesting. The name is Roy Harper, nice to meet you Jason."

Jason cautiously shook his hand. The teacher cleared his throat. "Are you quite done, Mr. Harper?" He didn't wait for an answer as he continued on with roll call.

Jason gulped as he released all eyes were on him and people were whispering. He decided then and there that if people wanted to be afraid of him because of his mother, let them. It was their loss.

He was just worried how Damian was fairing.