Chapter Thirty

I promise, this book has a happy ending. Its the middle parts that aren't so happy... :)

"Jay, get up! Its time for our first day back at school!" Damian pounded on Jason's bedroom door. "Come on!"

Jason groaned in response, opening his door a moment later dressed for school with his hair disheveled. Cassandra snickered when she walked by. "Nice hair."

"Shut up." Jason mumbled, following the train of his siblings down the hallway and stairs towards the dining room. He hid his flinch when he saw the place Talia's body had laid a few short weeks ago, opting to look away and take his seat next to Damian and Tim at the table. The family ate breakfast as normal, nothing out there to indicate the coming conflict.

It started when breakfast was coming to an end. Jason was finishing his toast when Bruce cleared his throat. "Jason."

"Mmm?" Jason looked over at his dad, noticing the slight hesitance in his eyes.

"Selina and I...we've been talking." Bruce looked to his fiance for reassurance and she squeezed his hand. Bruce squared his jaw before continuing. "We believe it is best that you start therapy."

"What?" Jason felt his blood run cold.

"Come on, let's give them some privacy..." Barbara ushered her siblings out of the room, looking back over her shoulder as she closed the door.

"Jason, you have just been through a highly traumatic situation. We believe you need to speak to a professional, talk through your experience. Plus, your entire childhood was spent in isolation."

"That is not true! I had Damian! I had mo-Talia and Ra's!" Jason snapped, slamming his hands on the table. "I don't need therapy, I am fine."

"You may be fine now, but down the road it may hit you all that you have been through. We are just trying to give you all the tools and best support we can." Selina spoke up, looking at her son with such love Jason had to avert his eyes.

"You want to support me? Stay out of my business!" Jason growled, abruptly standing up and tossing his napkin on his plate.

"Where are you going? This conversation isn't over." Bruce called after Jason, standing up himself. Jason didn't reply, he just flipped him off over his shoulder. "Jason!"

Jason stormed past his siblings in the parlor and out to the car, sliding inside and putting his head phones in. He glared out the window as his siblings piled into the car, all of them sensing his anger and steering clear of him.

All of them, of course, except for Damian, who sat right next to him and ripped one of the headphones out. Jason turned his glare on his younger brother. "What the he-"

"Jason, what the hell was that?" Damian snapped, giving the glare right back to his brother. Jason clammed his jaw shut, narrowing his eyes. Damian scoffed. "Please, as if that look will work on me. Now answer the question."

Jason grunted. "Mom and dad want me to go to therapy."

"So you throw a tantrum? Jason, they just want what's best for you."

"I'm not crazy, Dami. I don't need therapy." Jason grit out.

"Going to therapy doesn't mean you are crazy." Tim piped in. He squeaked when Jason glared at him. "Okay, budding out now."

"Tim has a point, Jay. Besides, you've been abused your whole life and you just played a part in killing your mother before almost being killed by said woman. That is a lot for a sixteen year old to process." Damian kept his gaze locked on Jason's. "Just consider it, okay?"