Divide and Conquer

I lay there with my eyes closed, thinking about how I had betrayed Father. I was always going to betray Father. I was meant to take his place one way or another, I just thought of one other way to do it. I then hear an alarm. Even one not versed in battle can tell what it means. I am then pulled by the young one.

"Hurry up (N/n), get up," I get up, reluctant as I am, as she pulls my hand. I walk past the rooms and down the stairs while Kamin keeps her pace. Walking past a window, I saw that it was now dark out. How long was I out? I got to the main room where everyone was gathered.

"Cinderblock is attacking the prison, let's go," Everyone goes past me, and once they do, the pale one stops.

"What about our guest?" She said in a monotone voice, seeming to not care.

"He can stay here," Robin still has a sense of distrust. I do not blame him. Kamin then steps forward.

"I wanna go and, I'm sure that (N/n) would like to go too," I tried to stop and correct her, but the Tamaranean beat me to it.

"Please Kamin, you are not experienced enough to join us on the missions, please stay here until we get back," Kamin tried to interject again but I stopped her this time by putting a hand on her shoulder. She went to hug me, and she nodded. At that point, everyone had gone out to eliminate what was causing the alarm. I looked at Kamin again to see her sulking. Now what? I do not have any idea what to do with kids. Just then, I heard what sounded like a low growl, I got ready for a fight and looked around. I heard it again, and it seemed close to me. I looked down to where the noise was coming from, only to see that it was my stomach. I was hungry, a sort of new feeling.

"Show me what the Earthlings have for nutrition," I had commanded Kamin. She looked up at me with a bright smile on her face. She then pulled me in the direction of what was the kitchen, and we scavenged for whatever could sustain us.

After a while of consuming what was in the kitchen, I still had a lingering feeling of fatigue. I had told Kamin I was going back to the room, and she had looked tired as well. She told me she was not, but I knew better. She was now my scout, and scouts needed their sleep if they were to keep their usefulness. even if I had to carry her. We made our way to the room, and I looked out a window where I saw a stack of smoke coming out of a building. I guess that is where the whole team was. We got to the room, and we fell to the mattress with the both of us falling back to sleep.

The morning came around, and I got up fully energized and walked into the main room. I see four of the individuals I have met since I got here. The green one is on a sort of communication device. The pale female is fiddling with a wall of monitors, the Tamaranean making some concoction with Kamin, and Robin sitting away from everyone else.

"Hello, Cy pick up, come on Cy pick up. I know you're there. The phone's built into your arm," He ends his transmission, and just then, the Tamaranean and Kamin show up in front of him.

"Taste," She said in a happy tone, shoving a spoonful of whatever she made into his mouth. The boy seemed unpleased and fell to the ground, spitting out whatever he had in his mouth.

"What is that, cream of toenails?"

"Pudding of sadness, it is what the people of my planet eat when bad things happen," She puts some in her mouth. She struggles a little bit, but she keeps it down, only to shiver in disgust. The Tamaranean passes me to ask her pale friend to taste some.

"Try, the displeasing taste will ease your troubled mind,"

"My mind is never troubled. People come, people go. It's pointless to be upset about Cyborg..." She speaks the usual emotionless way she does, with the monitors breaking right behind her. "What?" The Tamaranean passes by like I was not even there. Over to the leader with her so-called "pudding of sadness."