Part 3

"Y-you want me to sleep here?" You asked in disbelief.
"Yeah, this way I can keep an eye on you on my own. No one dares to come near this room."
Well duhhh, who would dare to come into YOUR room?
"Don't worry I won't do anything funny to you. You're not my type." Sensing your discomfort, he reassured while looking at you from top to bottom.
"Psshhh.. whatever." You rolled your eyes at him, "Are you gonna keep my handcuffs on at all times? What if I need to go to the bathroom?"
"I.. I haven't thought about that detail. Well, just stay like this for a couple of days until I figure out a better option." His brows knitted into a furrow.
"You better figure it out asap. I don't want to stay in the same room with a criminal like you." You plopped down on the make-shift bed he prepared for you at a corner of his vast bedroom, one of your wrists was cuffed onto the bed frame.
"Ya! I also don't want to be in the same room with you, but what can I do? You're too weak to defend yourself & I still need you to tell me where Jimin hyung is. Top of the class, my ass." He retorted.
"Weak? If my hands weren't cuffed, he would've been dead in minutes!"
"Pfftt.. yeah right." He scoffed, a smug smile plastered across his face.
"Ughhh.. why are you so freaking annoying?!" You yelled at him.
"Well, this annoying guy has saved your life twice & a couple of minutes ago you were sobbing gratefully into my chest."
"I wouldn't have gone through near-death experience if you hadn't dragged me here!" You were seriously baffled by his childish mockery.
"Fine! So just tell me where Jimin hyung is then I'll let you go!" He shouted at you.
"I told you I don't know anything!" You screamed back at him.
"Jesus.. why are you so fucking stubborn?!" He pushed his hair back & said through gritted teeth.
Both of you stared at each other for a few minutes in silence. None of you were willing to give in.
"Suit yourself then. I'm tired, I'm going to sleep now because SOMEONE caused so much trouble for me today." He threw himself onto his bed & closed his eyes.
"You- ughhh..." You exhaled in frustration.
You were about to lie down when you realized that there was a huge rip on one side of your shirt. Thus, you quickly wrapped yourself with your hands.
Have I been exposed like this since just now?
Your cheeks flushed instantly, realizing that Jungkook had seen a large portion of your naked body.
"Here. Wear this." A shirt was suddenly thrown onto your lap. "Don't worry, it's clean."
Jungkook turned around, switched off the light & walked back to his bed.
"T-thanks." You said as you skeptically observed the shirt he gave you. It hung loose on you but at least it did the job of covering you up. The shirt smelled of him, masculine & metallic. Like blood.
"Hey." He suddenly called you.
"What?"
"Do you want to know how I became who I am?" He asked in a low voice.
"Nope." You answered nonchalantly, but you were actually curious.
"Psshhh.. I know you're lying."
You rolled your eyes & kept quiet, waiting for him to tell his story.
"My dad died too when I was 8. My real dad I mean. He died because somebody made him a scapegoat for a crime he didn't do. I had a happy family even though we were poor & my mom was physically weak, but after that incident, everything fell apart. My dad couldn't handle the pressure so he killed himself in the prison cell, the only message he left was 'I'm sorry.' My mom followed him not long after. The doctor said cancer killed her, but I believe it was heart break."
Jungkook explained everything in a monotonous voice, as if all the things he said didn't concern him.
So, he's adopted?
"I was sent to the orphanage by the system, same with you, coz no one wanted to take me in. I met Jimin hyung there & we both got adopted by Abeonim. So, here I am now."
"I-I'm sorry." You genuinely felt so.
"I hated the law enforcement so much. They closed my dad's case without further investigation & slandered him just because he was a penniless cleaning service. A nobody. Fate did the right thing by bringing me to Abeonim. His line of work matches my sentiment." He scoffed.
You didn't know what to say, so you just kept quiet. Funny how destiny worked, daughter of a dead police officer & son of a dead convict met each other under such dramatic circumstance.
"Don't feel sorry for me. I don't need your pity. I'm telling you this because I sympathize with you coz we're both orphans. Fate just took us to different directions. Anw, that's it. Good night."
The sound of his rustling blanket filled the air.
You couldn't sleep, his memories haunted you on top of your own. But then your mind grasped onto something that he said.
Did he say he sympathize with me? Maybe I can use it to my advantage.
A plan began to develop inside your head.