Reunion

The dawn of a new day stroke the flourishing plants of my farm, as a stayed cradled in my home. I looked around my small home, filled with colorful rugs sent from Cuba and the ceramic mugs and vases sent from my mom. It was only then when I realized it was the day of the reunion. I jumped out of the couch and frantically ran to the bathroom to get ready. I wore the ugly velvet turtle neck Keith gave me last reunion and ran out to the nearby train station. I guess even though Earth has advanced to a point where children go to space for field trips and the elderly are building rockets instead of birdhouses, we still like to enjoy the simplest things in life, like the village train station.

We were having a reunion at Pidge's House, and we were staying there for three nights. As I boarded the red train and sat on the leather black seat, I stared into the window as I hoped I wouldn't be late. I watched the farms fly by through the window, noticing how the village had changed over the 5 years. They used to be small homes, built on wood, usually with small farms next to them, but now, all I see are apartments, painted with pastel colors like green, blue, yellow and red. I suppose the village moved on.

3 hours later, I arrived at the western station and took a cab to Pidge's home. Once she turned 18, she immediately moved out of her family's home. She graduated early in technology at the age of 17 and started looking for the next legendary defenders....I guess she's really moving forward. I stepped out of the white cab, and stared at the white apartment, and took the stairs to the 12th floor. There I was... Standing in front of the doorway, about the reach out for the doorbell. It was right in front of me, yet it was so far away. I heard Hunk and Pidge laughing behind the door and I desperately wanted to join them. "Ding"

The door opened with anticipation. As the door creaked open, I saw Hunk, my friend for the longest time. I've never been so excited to see him. "Lance!" He yelled, hugging me and then carrying me inside the apartment. Being wrapped inside his arms, I moved my head to find Pidge laying on a white leather sofa, on her phone, she glanced at me and smiled. She had a pixie cut and wore thin silver glasses. She wore white oversized polo, with her collar up and leggings. Hunk placed me down so I could look around. Pidge's home was quite futuristic. It was clean and all white, with a few devices here and there. Hunk never changed. I noticed his poor attempt in growing facial hair and his newly curled hair.

I moved over to give Pidge a hug, but she gently pushed me away and grinned. "It's so good to see you." I gently greeted. She smirked and replied. "I missed you too Lance" We all spoke to each other for the next 10 minutes until Pidge stopped speaking and started looking worried. She broke into our conversation, asking... " What about Keith?"

We all stayed silent for a while, as Hunk and I stared at each other in confusion. " We don't need him!" I burst out laughing. "Yes, we do." Hunk replied, looking concerned. "Keith is apart of the paladins, and he's our friend." He added.
"He seemed busy when I invited him and he never confirmed that he was coming," I claimed. It was right there at that very moment where we heard a doorbell. Pidge ran towards the door to open it. It was from Keith... I recognize that mullet anywhere. "Keith!" Pidge yelled hugging him tightly. It was an odd sight, as I've never seen Keith hug anyone back. He walked inside with his leather jacket and motorcycle helmet and heavy and red boots. Hunk grabbed and hugged him, as Keith burst into laughter. Hunk then placed him down, as he did to me. Keith took a breath and stared at me. His purple eyes staring at me, he slowly walked towards me and smiled. "Hello Lance."