Chapter Eight - New beginnings

Almost a month had passed since the twins were reunited with their mother, defeated their father and Willow was recovering from a stab wound. Today was the day that Willow got to go home. Her mother and brother came to pick her up. They had moved back into the mansion. The basement had been completely gutted and redecorated. The cage removed. Any resemblance of their old life was removed and replaced except for all the twins old baby things they were put into storage. Two rooms that were always intended for the twins to use when they were older. Were redecorated too. The old nursery became a sitting room for Cassandra. Due to the mansion having so many rooms. Alice, her children and her grandchildren ended up moving in. The whole family were together. Willow got a taste of this when she arrived at the mansion. As she was helped out of the car by her brother and she approached the steps she was greeted by everyone. The children were excited to show her to her new room. After slowly climbing the stairs they gave her the grand tour. Last but not least was her room. Decorated just how she imagined her room being if she ever had her own house. Which Arthur knew because well it was a twin thing. Willow had dreamt about a room decorated like this the entire time she was at the hospital recovering. Once he knew what she wanted via the twin thing he instantly set about getting it done. Safe to say Willow was overwhelmed when she entered the room. But she was very happy with it in fact she cried. The children piped up that they helped and she gave them big hugs. Then Arthur helped her onto the bed. Seconds later in came Alice and her children with a tray of some food etc. Willow felt weird about getting special treatment. She looked forward to being fully recovered so she could do things herself. Witches can heal themselves but only if they are strong enough and still have powers. The entire time Cassandra was being tortured she was too weak to heal herself in the beginning then she had no magic to help. After all the magic the twins had to do against their father and of course the spell Willow did to reverse her mother's spell then restore her mother's magic she wasn't able to heal herself. Even with all the rest she'd been getting and the fact the worst of it had been sorted by the doctors it just wasn't possible. She was strong enough to do little spells like float a pen which reassured her that her magic was still working though.

This frustrated her immensely. Her mother kept telling her to stop stressing that she would be healed and strong enough soon. She just had to allowed herself to get better. After saying thank you she ate her food and drank her cup of tea. Then everyone cleared out of the room because Alice told her that she needed to rest. At first she wanted to argue against that but not even seconds before they all had left the room she had put her tray to one side and drifted off. Alice took the tray and left her be. The past almost month had been strange. Everyone was getting used to the new family dynamics. Annabeth's children had to go from calling Arthur Uncle to just calling him Arthur. Then despite loving him as her own Alice had to accept that Arthur had his mother back and that she was his aunty that he wanted to get to know his real mother. He of course was very grateful to Alice for raising him. He didn't miss his father one bit. Any good memories they had were now tainted by knowing the truth and of course the big thing the way his father treated his mother and well everyone else too. He was super grateful to be rid of such a monster. Cassandra was having a hard time adjusting to being well free. She was able to roam about the mansion any time she liked. She didn't have dread the daily beating's that she would receive from Matthias. Of course she was grateful to be free and have her children back but it was strange and the dreams replaying her time as a prisioner didn't help either. She was working with Alice to try and over come that time in her life. It was in no way easy part of her still feared that Matthias wasn't really dead that at any moment he could come bursting through the front door of the mansion and drag her down to the basement again. Of course the twins, Alice's children and grandchildren didn't know her dreams were plagued with nightmares of that monster. Alice was the only one who knew especially as she slept in the small room that used to be a closet next door to Cassandra's room so if ever she got too loud while having a nightmare then Alice could wake her up.