Chapter One - Huntington

The town of Huntington was a quiet little gem hidden away deep in the forests of a remote country called Lavidia. Not many of the world's population knew of its existence which is how the town's people liked it. The unique lack of tourist attraction status was part of its charm. Despite there being much that the world would love to see being in Huntington. The townsfolk preferred to keep it to themselves. Though a well known legend had been told to the younger generation of the town for centuries. A legend which tells of a curse that was placed on the town. Many centuries ago there lived a woman by the name of Cassandra Le Fleur. Legend says that she was a witch who came to the town in order to help the ailing townsfolk when the plague swept through their town taking anyone and anything they held dear. She arrived not long after the town had been plunged into chaos. It was brother against brother. Families against families fighting with each other for their very survival.

She brought about peace as she not only came with the healing touch but she had supplies to help bring the town back to its former glory. The townsfolk were very happy after everything she had done for them. Soon it was as if the plague never happened. They still mourned their loved ones yes but to be sure the plague wasn't to be released again unfortunately they had to bury their dead in the middle of the forest in quite a deep big mass grave. With a cross to mark where they were and to memorialize them. Something about her made them feel safe so they took a different approach to mourning their loved ones. Instead of being sad and crying all the time they were happy, focused on restoring their town to the way it was before the plague hit. Eventually the town was restored and everything went back to normal. Crop production, retail shops were back up and running. It seemed all was well and when she fell in love with the vicar's son the townsfolk were beaming with pride. All except the vicar. Being a religious man he didn't like what this woman was doing and hadn't done since she arrived.

Cassandra never told the townsfolk she was a witch. She only said she was a healer that she was only there to help them. But the vicar knew she was a witch he had known since she stepped foot in the town. He tried to convince people but no one believed him. She had bewitched an entire town as far he was concerned. He put his son being in love with her down to her bewitching him as well. The vicar did everything in his power to stop the girl marrying his son. So they ran away and eloped.

After being married just over a year and no sign of having a child some of the women questioned if she could. Then during that second year of marriage illness struck the town once more. All the male boys in the town who were born in the month of June died suddenly in the night following what seemed to be a touch of the common cold came over them all. 32 children supposedly lost their lives that night and the vicar's wife fanned the flames that Cassandra was the cause. At first it was enough to cast doubt but not enough for anyone to want to do something about it.

Until her husband's youngest brother was the next to die. More people began to think that there could be a connection. Some said that in her sadness at not being able to conceive a child that she was taking it out on those who already had children. Somewhere along the line even her husband began to wonder if his wife was capable of such a thing. It took some time but after chatting with his father, his best friend and some other men they decided that it best they got rid of her. Because for them the dead children, the lack of a child and the plague it was enough to rule she was a danger to them and their families.

Unbeknown to her, her husband pleaded with the town's council for her banishment over her execution. All she knew was that her husband betrayed her and he was the reason she was being banished. In her anger she cast a curse on the town preventing anyone from leaving or arriving. Then she left to find a home for herself far away from the town. It was then shortly after that she found out she was pregnant. A true miracle baby that had blessed her life after such a betrayal and heart breaking time.

According to the legend only the descendants of Cassanadra can break the curse. If they are married to a townsperson and if they are finally accepted by the town. Only then can the town know true happiness and love. Until that day the town would remain cursed so no one could leave or arrive. That bad things would happen if they did. Apparently a group of men tried to leave one time to attend a meeting in the north but they never made it. Some say lightening struck the townline just as they tried to cross it and burned them alive. Many would know of the curse but as time went on of course there were less people who believed in it. Soon there was a generation of townsfolk who were under the impression that the town was just some where no one liked to leave or visit. It became the norm and no one really questioned it apart from a few youngsters that no one ever really paid attention to.