Closure

Stardust was the one to open the door and malachite was the one laying in his bed sulking he missed having his mother give him affection and love, once she walked in he tried wiping his tears away and act tough. "w-what are you doing here.."

"I came to apologize..for everything but, I need you both to understand something. Back on homeworld, horrible things happened and some good things happened, but that doesn't mean I stopped loving you guys because of another baby..I love you both with all my heart. Asher doesn't have anything to do with me going away so please don't be harsh on him, hes family as well-" Before Lapis could continue her son interrupted and yelled through his hurt.

"But I still d-dont understand why you took so long to come back! didn't you miss us..?  didn't you miss dad?" he said softened and he lowered his gaze to the floor. 

"it's a long story, one I would rather talk about once things get sorted out ok hun..?" she said bringing her two children into a hug, tears welling up in her eyes. "y-you two have grown so much.."

"well it has been a few years mom..but I think you should talk to dad. Alone, I and stardust will go talk to asher. get to know our little brother some more y'know." Malachite spoke feeling a bit better after speaking to his mother and getting her loving embrace once more.

"i-i will..your father and I will be right outside, but far enough so that obsidian won't interrupt," Lapis stated and softly grabbed jaspers hand, she noticed that he still had on their engagement ring. Tears welled up in her eyes, she didn't have her engagement ring on, she only wore the one obsidian gave her. She carried jasper out the home using water from a nearby well, she carried him a good distance away and she set him down. Splashing some of the water on his face so he would wake up, he woke up almost instantly and he glared up at Lapis.

"what the hell do you want.. If you're still trying to convince me to go with you to homeworld I already told you my answer was NO. The kids do not need to be raised there, they'll be in more danger around the diamonds and their hellish ways..." There was hesitation in his voice, he wanted to be with lapis but that place and that gem would be a problem.

Lapis kneeled down and she hugged him, not caring if he poofed her but she needed to embrace him. All those years on homeworld she longed to be with Jasper, "im sorry about all the things I said.. I didn't mean it."

"I-I..no..you were right.. I-im happy to see you again, you don't know how hard it's been raising the twins alone a-and how long i waited to be able to even see you," he said returning the hug but it felt wrong, his eyes going to her lips and hesitating. She wasn't his anymore,  yet he couldn't help but recall those nights they had prior to getting married and having children he gently pushed lapis off taking his ring off. "But you.. have a new husband and a child Lapis..T-things have to change, w-we cannot have these feelings for each other anymore...I've moved on, I-its what's best for the two of us." He placed his ring in her hand, to let her destroy it and end what is holding them back from moving on.

"w-what..? no jasper I don't love him, please don't do This I love you..I'm sorry that my fear tore apart our family but I'm back and I want to be yours again." she softly slid the ring back onto jasper's finger, looking into his amber eyes with her marine colored ones before pressing their lips together. She had hoped that he would react differently than what he had, but instead he had tears in his eyes, gently pushing her off of him since he felt betrayed. "W-wait n-no I'm sorry lapis b-but..I don't- I still care for you but I can't stand knowing you're married to that man after he destroyed our chance at a happy life here on earth. I-I just need to think..please respect my wishes and I'd like to be left alone to think.." he said his gaze toward her filled with sadness and frustration since he wanted her in his life but he hated the thought of her being with someone else.

Meanwhile~

Asher sat on the floor by his father, he felt Guilty. He was keeping his mother from being truly happy with her real family and her real children, he sobbed hugging his knees whimpering because he knew that he wasn't meant to exist. He hated himself for being what he was, he stayed by his father crying.

Malachite could hear asher sobbing but he didn't know how to comfort him, after all, he was raised as a soldier he had never cried until recently when repressed memories suddenly flooded back into his head from the day his life took a drastic turn. Stardust felt bad for asher,  a product of a forced relationship, she felt empathy towards her half brother. So she sat next to him gently hugging him, "h-hey why are you crying..?" She wiped his tears away with her hand and handed him tissues.

Asher sniffled and he shakily gave her Lapis's other wedding ring, "Daddy always yelled at mommy for wearing this. I'm the reason why mommy couldn't come back and for that I'm sorry." he bawled and malachite bit his lip trying not to cry, it was painful to be reminded of all the pain.

"h-hey.. its not your fault, our mother just wanted to protect you, she would've done the same for us." he said joining the hug, trying to comfort asher since he felt at fault for everything. He knew how he felt, the pain of having a messed up family. "Uhm..before our mom comes back do you want to get to get to know eachother a bit..?"

Asher was quick to wipe his eyes and he smiled sadly, "i-i always wanted a big brother and a big sister!" he said hesitantly hugging the twins who were happy to have cheered him up, mainly because he reminded them so much of how they used to be and didn't want him to feel that guilt and pain.

(Can't believe people still read this but thanks I guess, this series won't be updated regularly but I appreciate those who read and enjoy all the angst >:3))