Love

Adrien awoke with a start. His head was pounding and he felt an ache in his chest that he didn't recognize before. He seemed to be in his room, from what he could make out. A sharp pain shot through the right side of his body as soon as he tried to move, which made him yelp painfully."What happened...?" he asked himself, softly.

"Ah, you're awake? I'm glad.Everything's alright, sweetie. Please don't worry about anything," the person purred, coming closer to where he was sitting. Something about the voice sounded too familiar.

He turned his head and soon caught sight of a woman standing just a few centimetres away from him. Shock filled his features as he recognized the woman in front of him.

"M-Mom?"

-----------------------------------------------

Chat Blanc leapt away with the Ladybug Miraculous in hand, slightly curious as to find out what Hawk Moth needed the Miraculouses for. He reached the Agreste mansion as he and Hawk Moth had agreed, in a couple of moments, proceeding to bang on the door to be allowed to enter. He was met with Nathalie's stoic expression, that soon turned into one of fear and slight disgust. He hissed at her before inching past her and into the house, where Hawk Moth stood at the feet of the staircase, waiting for him with an eager grin.

"I see you have returned, Blanc. Do you have the Miraculouses as we had promised?" the older man asked, holding out the palm of his left hand.

"Yeah, yeah, here's your pretty little set of jewelry, old man," Blanc replied, placing the pair of earrings into Hawk Moth's gloved, yet strangely rough hand. With this, he turned around to leave, when Hawk Moth stepped forward and held his shoulder. "Oh, you aren't going anywhere," he muttered, the awfully familiar smell of musk stinging Chat Blanc's nostrils. Annoyed, the younger male turned around to glare at him. "Tsk. What do you need me for? We've already settled the deal. My freedom for Ladybug's Miraculous," he said, crossing his arms. He pushed off Hawk Moth's hand and began to walk away. The said man gave out a small chuckle.

"What if I told you...that you could finally be with your mother once again?"

Chat Blanc stopped. He turned around to face the smirking man with a mixed expression. The same splitting headache returned and he held his head between his hands in pain. The voice he had heard before in his head now seemed to push through the barriers of his mind and it began to speak, or rather, yell.

"What the fuck would you know about my mother?!" it yelled, followed up with a small growl. "And why should I trust you, of all people?"

Hawk Moth's expression suddenly went dark.

"I know more about your mother than you ever will, Adrien."

Chat's eyes widened in shock. How could he have possibly known? He never told Hawk Moth anything about his personal life...he made sure of it...and yet...here he was, calling him Adrien! Did he drop any hints that could have thrown him off? Did Hawk Moth somehow know his father and him personally? Where was his father? Now that he thought about it, why would Hawk Moth do all this in his father's mansion, of all places? It just wasn't possible at all!

After the voice in his head seemed to quiet down, another completely different train of thoughts began in his head soon after.

But no...he wasn't Adrien...not anymore...he was Chat Blanc. And this old man had no authority to address him as someone who didn't even exist anymore. He had to be acknowledged for who he was now, not what he was in the past. The Adrien from before was a weak pushover who believed anything someone told him...but Chat Blanc...he was going to find out the truth about his mother.