Disappearance

Marinette woke up, slightly dizzy after her alarm rung for what seemed to be about the 100th time. She sat up in bed, rubbing the back of her head and sighing. "It's time for school," she mumbled, pushing the comforter off her body. As soon as she sat up, she realised that a bandage had been wrapped around her neck.

"Ti...kki?" she whispered, turning around to look for her little red kwami. Soon enough, Tikki flew out of her hiding place and smiled sadly. "Feeling better, Marinette?" she asked, gazing at the piece of cloth wrapped around the said girl's neck. "Y-yeah...thank you Tikki," Marinette said, a tiny smile dancing on her lips. "You did th-this all on your own?"

Tikki only nodded in response. "I...should get going to school," Marinette chirped, shuffling toward her closet.

---------------------------------------------------

After wrapping a thin scarf around her neck, she jogged out of her parent's bakery and made her way to school. Alya was sitting on the steps, impatiently looking at her phone. "Hey Alya!" Marinette greeted, taking a seat next to her best friend. "Hey Marinette, have you heard? Chat Noir's been akumatized! I got the whole fight between Ladybug and apparently the new villain, Chat Blanc on tape! Ladybug barely escaped, and she looked pretty beat up when I tried to talk to her."

Chat Blanc...

Marinette's eyes began to well up with hot tears that were quickly threatening to drip onto the ground between her feet. "Oh...um...I hope...Ladybug's okay..." Marinette replied, shifting her gaze quickly.

She then felt her best friend staring at the pure white scarf on her neck. "Hey, girl. Why the scarf?" Alya asked, tilting her head a bit to the left. "I....uh...it's kind of chilly this morning...and I th-think I might have a flu," she answered, forcing herself to cough. Alya eyed her suspiciously for a few more seconds before her phone caught her attention again. Marinette gulped shakily and breathed a sigh of relief.

A few moments later, Chloé came rushing towards them, nearly tripping over a pebble in the process. "OUT OF MY WAY!" she screeched, glaring at the pair. Alya and Marinette stared at her in confusion before they moved over to the side to let her pass through. The blonde girl dashed past them, into the school and began to yell at the top of her lungs.

"EVERYONE, JUST STOP WHATEVER THE HELL YOU'RE DOING AND LISTEN TO ME!" A few confused and slightly annoyed heads began to turn toward her.

"ADRIEN AGRESTE HAS GONE MISSING!"

Marinette's jaw dropped in shock. "N-no...how c-could he know...?"

Taking a few breaths, Chloé started again. "He's been missing since yesterday evening, at approximately 7:50pm and dad-the Mayor of Paris has ordered everyone to stay on the lookout in case you spot him!"
Chloé's voice began to quiver slightly. "Please find him! He's one of the most important people in Paris!"

"Please? Pfft. Poor girl must be really desperate," Alya whispered, turning to her best friend. "What do you think, Mari?"

But Marinette didn't hear anything. She was too lost in her thoughts to think about anything else.

-----------------------------------------------------

How could he have known it was Adrien? She never told him anything, not even a hint of who she might be crushing on! Was Adrien okay? How did Adrien go missing before Chat got akumatized? And 7:50pm, that number....why was it so familiar?

Wait.

Chat had confessed to her at approximately 8:05pm, which meant he had gone missing 15 minutes before that. Chat Blanc couldn't have done this. And if he was kidnapped by Chat Blanc, he would have gone missing after he got akumatized. There was no way anyone else could have kidnapped him; the Agreste mansion was built like a fortress. Running away was out of the question.

She suddenly froze in shock, realizing  the only theory that could explain Adrien Agreste's disappearance.

Adrien is Chat Noir.

------------------------------------------------------

"Earth to Mari? Earth to Mari, we are gaining signal once more...Earth to Mari?"

Marinette snapped out of her trance and blinked in confusion. "Huh? Where am I?"

Alya rolled her eyes and patted Marinette's shoulder. "You're at school, okay? Now listen; I know you're upset about Adrien going missing, but don't worry. We'll find him, alive or dead!"

Marinette shuddered as Alya said the last word. "He's going to be okay,  I promise," Alya reassured, taking Marinette's hand in hers and patting the top of it. "Thanks...Alya...I h-have to be getting to History..." she said, slowly tugging her hand out of Alya's grip. She gave her friend a hug before slowly walking to her first class.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Omg thank you guys so much! Shattered is now 300th in #ladybug! I love you guys so much! I'll try my best to update, as my school starts on Monday! Please vote, comment and share as it motivates me a lot! Thank you once more, lovely readers!

~Artistic