Chapter 12-Sneak Attacks & Sneaky Creatures

Arthur Weasley's eyes were almost shut, but he managed to snap them open. The Order had decided that he should guard the door to the Department of Mysteries in case Voldemort attempted to retrieve the prophecy about him and Harry.

They'd definitely underestimated his capability to stay awake.

Suddenly, there was a hiss, but Arthur's eyes overpowered his ears. The next thing he knew, he was crying out in pain.

Miles away, Harry Potter awoke with a jolt.

"Harry, are you alright?" Ron asked, rubbing his eyes.

Harry was shaking so badly, Ron had to enlist the help of Professor McGonagall to drag Harry out of bed to Dumbledore's office.

The first thing Dumbledore asked after sending for the other Weasley children and after Harry described his dream was where Harry was in the dream.

"Were you standing next to the victim or looking down on the scene?"

"Neither," Harry said, "I- it was like- Professor, will you please just tell me what's happening?"

Dumbledore turned to a portrait in his office. "Everard, Arthur was on guard duty tonight. Visit your portrait in the Ministry and make sure he is found by the right people." Turning to the next portrait, he said, " Phineas, you must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place and tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured, and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

Everard was back and he reported, "We got him, Albus. It was close, but I think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

"Oh, thank heavens. Dilys, go to your portrait at St. Mungo's and report back when Arthur is admitted. I must-"

"Look at me!" Harry yelled. "What's happening to me?"

"You wished to see me, Headmaster?"

Harry knew that voice, that unmistakable voice.

Dumbledore said, "Severus, I afraid we can't wait, not even until the morning. Otherwise, we will be vulnerable."

_________________________________________

Three evenings later, Draco was rushing back to the common room after dinner when he bumped into Potter who was...also heading towards the dungeons.

"What are you doing down here?" Draco asked.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I have Remedial Potions with Snape." Potter glared before pushing past Draco.

Remedial potions? Draco thought. You mean Occlumency. How did you mess up this time?

The following morning, Draco went to the library right after breakfast. He sent Granger a message with his fake Sickle telling her to meet him there immediately. When she got there, he asked her to explain why Potter was learning Occlumency.

"I'm surprised he told you," Granger said.

"He didn't; I figured it out. Remedial potions? Really?"

"Anyway, Arthur Weasley was attacked by Nagini in the Department of Mysteries."

"What was he doing there?"

"We're not sure, but Ginny told me she heard Dumbledore mention that he was guarding it. And later, one of the portraits said that Voldemort didn't get something."

"Get what?"

"I was hoping you'd know. Some sort of a weapon, I think. At least, that's all I could find out this summer while eavesdropping on the Order. Did Voldemort mention anything?"