In which Nico plays twenty questions

Start from the beginning

"So Nico, what's your favourite colour?"

"What?" I asked, trying to see if he was being serious.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm trying to get to know you better." More like prying me open with a crowbar.

I thought for a moment. "Yellow, I guess."

He seemed surprised. "I thought you'd say black."

I shook my head. "No, I'm done with hiding in the darkness."

"Interesting... Okay, what's your favourite food?"

I chuckled a little. "What is this, twenty questions?"

"Well, I don't think we have time for twenty, maybe we can do as many as we can now, and later we can hang out and finish?" He suggested. Why did he want to know so much about me?

"I guess that's cool." I shrugged.

"So what's your answer?" He urged me on.

"Oh, I guess it would be a cheeseburger happy meal, with a diet coke."

"Why diet?" He asked.

"Too sweet if it's regular."

He laughed. "You're just full of surprises aren't you?"

"Uh, I guess so?" I replied, confused at what he was hinting about. Just as he opened his mouth to ask another question, I heard someone shout my name. I turned in the direction of the voice and saw a worried Will Solace. He jogged towards us and looked quite attractive as he did so if I may add. He slowed down as he approached.

"Nico, Annabeth just told me that you and I are guarding the flag." He turned to Brett. "And you're supposed to to with Jason to get the other teams flag." He seemed to be mad at Brett for something, his tone was stiff and cold. I thought they were getting along just a little while ago, I wonder what happened.

"You sure? I was hoping to be able to keep playing twenty questions with Nico. He told me some really personal stuff." He said it as though he was shoving the information in Will's face. And what personal stuff? We talked about colours and food. I turned to Will and saw him shoot Brett an angry glare.

"I'm sure, now go find Jason." Will pointed towards the large mass of people just off to his right.

"Fine." He said to Will before turning to me. "I'll talk to you later? You owe me some answers." He winked before practically strutting off. That guy was so strange. It's pretty hard to believe that he's related to Will.

"Hey Nico? Did you really tell him some personal stuff?" He looked worried for some reason that I couldn't figure out.

"Depends on what you call personal." I tired to joke, but Will started to turn white with worry. "I mean, we only talked about my favourite colour and food." I felt bad for worrying him, though I don't know why he's worried.

Will's face returned to his normal tanned colour. "Really? If you don't mind me asking, what is your favourite colour and food?"

I chuckled. "Why does everybody want to get to know me?"

Will's colour paled again. "There's more people trying to get to know you?"

"What? No, I meant you." I tried to clarify.

Will relaxed. "Oh." Why was he being like this? He's never acted like this before, so what's different now?

"Anyways, my favourite colour is yellow and my favourite food is a cheeseburger happy meal with a diet coke." I answered his original question.

"Yellow? Let me guess, after almost becoming a shadow, you aren't as fond of the dark." Will smirked, his regular self coming back.

"Yep." I replied, glad he hadn't brought up the diet coke part like Brett had. Instead of peppering me with more questions like Brett, Will simply took my hand and led me deeper into the forest. The silence was appreciated as a small headache had formed after spending so much time with Brett. He may be attractive to look at, but his personality didn't mix very well with mine. Not to mention, he wasn't Will.

Will guided me towards the flag with ease. I wouldn't think someone who spent so much time in the infirmary would be so well aquatinted with the woods, yet he weaved in and out of branches like he'd done it a million times. There was so much more to Will than what meets the eye. One day I hope to unlock his secrets and get to know the real Will Solace. I wonder if he'll let me...

"I think Annabeth picked a perfect spot for the flag since it's able to be defended very easily. All we have to do is make sure no one slips through us and we'll be fine. There's no way anyone could crawl their way through those bushes without making a ton of noise." He pointed over to the large bushes that covered the back of the flag. It really was an excellent place to hide the flag. I grinned at Will, which he quickly returned. As the horn sounded, signalling the beginning of the game, I raised my sword. Tonight could go really well, or end up in a disaster. I just prayed I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of Will. I felt a rush of exhilaration as I heard some yelling off in the distance. Game on!

-----------------------------------------------

There you go! Sorry about the lack of action, I just wanted to let Brett have his chance with Nico. Bonding time!

Thoughts on worried Will?
Thoughts on clueless Nico?
Thoughts on desperate Brett? :P

It took a long time to write this chapter, but I can't really figure out why. Does it seem longer than my other chapters?

Question: if you were in Will's position, would you be worried about how close Nico and Brett seem to be getting?

Bonus: how many pairs of shoes do you have?
(I have three converse and one pair of good running shoes. I guess that's four... Math is hard sometimes okay, don't judge. Hahah)

Until next time! -T :D