In which Nico plays twenty questions

Nico's P.O.V

"You're looking much better." I whipped my head up at the comment. Once I realized who it was, I calmed down a bit.

"Thank you, Chiron." I replied, trying to be polite.

Chiron simply smiled before leaning closer. "How's Will treating you in the infirmary? You're not being ignored or anything, right?" He sounded like a caring father; the father Hades never was. I managed a small smile at his concern.

"Will's a wonderful doctor, there's nothing to worry about." I dispelled his worries.

Chiron chuckled. "That's good to hear. On another note, you'll be on the Red team for tonight's game of capture the flag. I'm expecting you to take it easy; don't over exert yourself. I'd rather not hear about you landing yourself in the infirmary again." I nodded in reply, before Chiron started towards the next table. I turned my attention back to the Apollo table, but the person my eyes were searching for was nowhere to be found. I sighed in defeat before getting up and heading towards my cabin to prepare for the game. As usual my cabin was empty, the beds looking solemn as if they were taking part in a funeral playing the part of the deceased. The gothic decor made me roll my eyes. I'm not sure why I expect the room to look different every time I re-enter. One of these days, I'm going to have to lead a quest to sleep country or Walmart or something...

As I adjusted the breastplate, I allowed my mind to wander. I tried to keep my mind on the game tonight, but my thoughts changed course towards a certain son of Apollo with blond hair and blue eyes that rival the beauty of the sky on a perfect summer day. His eyes were one of my favourite things about him. They were like a portal to a better world. When I'm looking at them, all of my negative thoughts seem to drift off, leaving only happy memories in their place. I regained focus and noticed I had been tying the same knot for five minutes. I quickly tied it and ran my fingers through my hair to tame it. As usual, it didn't help very much. I slipped my shoes back on before walking out of the creepy cabin and towards the woods.

I turned to walk around my cabin, and ran face first into one of Will's attractive siblings. In the brief glance I got before falling to the ground, I think it was that boy who sat beside at lunch a little while ago. I rubbed my forehead where his head had come in contact with me.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." The boy apologized as he held out his hand to help me up. I accepted his offer and slid my hand into his. His hands were warm, just like Will's, but a little softer. Once I was back on my feet, I began to dust myself off.

"Thanks, Brett?" I asked, trying to remember his name.

He grinned at me before answering. "You remembered my name! Oh, and no problem."

"Not to be rude, but what are you doing by my cabin?" I internally cringed after realizing just how rude that sounded.
He began to scratch the back of his neck. "Actually, I was waiting for you."

"Me?" I asked, shocked. I barely knew the guy, and here he was looking for me.

"Yeah, I wanted to know what team your were on for tonight's game." He clarified.

I was still a bit surprised. "Uh, red team."

"That's great! I'm on the red team too! I'll walk you over to the meeting spot." He looked like a kid on Christmas morning. Not that I would know what that looked like, hades wasn't the gift giving type.

"Okay." I felt like I was being swept away. He latched himself to me by hooking his arm with mine, before excitedly walking in the direction of the woods. I hadn't even taken three steps before he opened his mouth again.