I ran to Aria and tried to loosen her binds. After I had torn of the hands helping her tug, the legs, a little girl came and started shaking me. "Please, save my papa, please!"

What now?

"What?"

Her little face was red and blotchy and she kept hiccuping and choking on her words as she cried, "My papa, please save my papa!"

"Who is your father?" I asked.

"Klaus, the Beta Klaus," she said, pointing in a direction I was not exactly comfortable looking at.

"The wolf, under the Alpha," she explained, seeing my confusion.

"Oh, hell no! That son of a bitch almost killed me." I shook my head.

"Please," she begged. "My papa!"

My heart went out to her. It really did but I just couldn't will myself to do it and by myself, I mean my wolf that was overwhelming right now. It was going crazy and I wasn't even sure why.

"Scarlett!" We both turned to the woman, heavily pregnant, if I might add, shouting in the crowd.

"Please, baby, come back!"

So that's the wife? Ooh, conscience, I hate you; I hate you! I am not a good person! I am not- oh who I'm kidding? That kid deserved to meet his father, even if he was a gigantic jerk.

Then I looked at the wolf, as it looked crazed. It almost looked demonic.

Oh hell no, my mind screamed, but the idea of going closer, my heart and wolf both loved. When did this bitch change her mind?

"Do you want me to die too? No way I'm going towards that thing," I argued with myself.

"Why not? He is your mate," a sudden realization filled me as if I actually felt her words.

"Eh?"

I tried to resist, I really did, but it was like he was a siren and I, a hopeless sailor. My legs moved on their own. I was basically screaming in my head, running away in the other direction yet my body which was so sensitive headed straight towards the minor earthquake caused by that giant wolf. I did not want this yet. I felt at ease. You have got to be kidding me.

"Uh, sorry to interrupt, but can you please stop?" No answer.

I screamed at him to stop. It didn't help. The bigger wolf didn't even stop or pay me any attention. When I tried to fight, he flicked me off like a mosquito, as easily and embarrassingly. Then I realized if this really was my mate, I will be his priority. Gosh really thought I would avoid this fire tonight. Well, I already felt like a fucking martyr this night. Why not follow through? I ran to the fire and put my hand in.

"AH!" a shrill scream escaped my lips, and I met his gaze when they settled on mine. Time slowed for a second. No, it stopped. It was just us at that moment and there was no denying what I was feeling, what transpired between us at that moment. But that moment was not independent. Eventually, the time caught up with it as it does with the rest of the world, and I felt the burn. "Ugh!" I groaning. Tears already threatening to fall.

Okay, so I am not immune to fire. I knew that just didn't expect it to hurt so fucking much. He ran over to me, shaking the ground beneath my feet. And I mean that in both literal and metaphorical terms.

"Mine," the wolf whispered, but it was a word I heard in my head, not with my ears. As he approached me, his steps softened and when he leaned down towards me, I stood frozen. It was beyond overwhelming standing so close to him it was too much. His scent made me dizzy. The song sent me to heaven, and those eyes, big and blue. So blue it made me weak. I could feel the electricity. It sent shivers all over my body, and it almost hurt. Then it got darker as he got smaller until it looked like the ocean during a storm, almost grey but still blue. His snot grew smaller until it melted into his face, defined jaw, and prominent nose.

He was naked. I could not bring myself to look down. He wouldn't let me. His eyes held mine, and I felt like I was drowning. Until I snapped out of it. Nope, no way any of this shit is happening. Iris doesn't do any mates, yeah I said it. And although this has brought me to heaven, I cannot allow it. It's no secret how possessive Alphas are, and this? This is not mere Alpha. He was bigger than three horses put together. He is a super Alpha, nope. My neck was tilted so far back just to keep his gaze. I was never one to submit, really we can't work out. Besides, I have devoted my life to celibacy. So sorry, boo, this girl is not available.

"No!" I stepped backward"

His brows rose. "I beg your pardon?" His voice still had that rumble and his tone was deep, very much like how he spoke in his true form, only smoother.

"You heard me. I do not agree with this, nada."

"Are you mad?"

"No, sorry but I am not the right fit, just keep waiting I'm sure the 'goddess' (I put that in quote because I don't believe in her anymore) will send you another mate, of course, since you a such a charmer." I intended to laugh instead I giggled nervously. How much more embarrassment must I face? I stepped backward, but with each step I took, he took one to match me.

"Iris, what the hell is going on?"

His head snapped towards Aria, and he growled, sounding like a warning.

"Iris," she sounded scared.

I don't blame her. I was also scared.

Terrified.

He grabbed my arm as I struggled to get it back, threw me over his shoulder, and began to walk away.

I threw him every curse word I knew and struggled with all my might. His grip was firm and he was not to be moved.

"Let me go! You jerk!" I screamed.

"Alpha," a voice called from behind, "what do we do with the other one?"

He turned to look at Aria. I also looked at Aria. She looked confused and exhausted.

"Kill her."